Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Hitler Youth Flak Helpers cap.

Article about: i cannot go back to 1968/69 because I wasn't born yet But I recall the prices before the bloody Euro screwing our economy now: a common salary for a white collar in the late 80's /early 90's

?

Default Re: Hitler Youth Flak Helpers cap.

i cannot go back to 1968/69 because I wasn't born yet But I recall the prices before the bloody Euro screwing our economy now:

a common salary for a white collar in the late 80's /early 90's was about 2,500.000 Liras (1290 euro) now it's 1,300 Euro (the exact exchange 1:1).

One Army belt buckle costed 50,000 (25 euro) now costs 60/80 euro
    One M42 ND helmet costed 200,000 (100 euro)
    One gebirgsjäger anorak costed about 180,000 (93 euro) now you're lucky if you pay it 400 euro
    I sold in the mid 90's at the market price a nice fishbone green jacket complete with eagle and collar tabs in new conditions for 300,000 (150 euro), now I've been asked 700 euro to buy it again...

and so on ...considering that the prices for every goods was converted 1:1 here, our hobby opened to rich people...while in the good old times money you have was not the first thing.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth Flak Helpers cap.
    P
    Many

?

I think you hit the point: today if you have the money and internet access, you can buy whatever you want, but you also destroy the market. We can also see people that grew up a top class collection in few years, while for others it would have taken 20 years or more.
    I miss the time when I used to go to fleamarkets and correspond with people by letter trading stuff.

As for my country ...it's going down the sink. People are paying also holidays by rates now...

flak
    ?

hello , i have the same at home with the the same stempel :

58 44 0 2009 0004

yet i have a question...maby all are replica !! ?? because dat's impossibel to have so many same number size,... !!

i'm from belgium-europe

Quote by flak View Post
    yet i have a question...
    Can you upload pictures from your cap plz...

Greetz

Nick VR

Hi "Flak", welcome to the forum!

Trust me, these caps shown are not fakes.

Please show yours.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Matt R. View Post
    i cannot go back to 1968/69 because I wasn't born yet But I recall the prices before the bloody Euro screwing our economy now:

a common salary for a white collar in the late 80's /early 90's was about 2,500.000 Liras (1290 euro) now it's 1,300 Euro (the exact exchange 1:1).

One Army belt buckle costed 50,000 (25 euro) now costs 60/80 euro
    One M42 ND helmet costed 200,000 (100 euro)
    One gebirgsjäger anorak costed about 180,000 (93 euro) now you're lucky if you pay it 400 euro
    I sold in the mid 90's at the market price a nice fishbone green jacket complete with eagle and collar tabs in new conditions for 300,000 (150 euro), now I've been asked 700 euro to buy it again...

and so on ...considering that the prices for every goods was converted 1:1 here, our hobby opened to rich people...while in the good old times money you have was not the first thing.
    I have had to endure far worse. What I sold my entire collection of some several dozen excellent pieces in 1981 (a collection I started in 1968 or so..) now would scarcely pay for one piece of what I collect.

I am very alive to your point of view. A tunic that cost me about 275 dollars with all bells and whistles in 1971 now costs in excess of fifteen thousand dollars... la di da. I am not sure what this fact means. Eat the rich.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-22-2008 at 01:36 AM.

flak
    ?

hello ade ! the pictures :

you can see the same size, number...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Youth Flak Helpers cap.   Hitler Youth Flak Helpers cap.  

?

great looking caps guys i had a couple of these but a friend of mine only hj items so he hounded them off me rgds dave

SS Ring Man
    ?

Vary nice one,Ya back in the old days gas was 75c a gal and to think of how many good things I should have bought.The HJ cap is still a nice one,gives me chills to look at DOWNFALL and recall the flak gun seen and to think thay were kids

I am speaking of gas at .37 cents for super. And, yes, the scenes from the Untergang do place another aspect on the thing. In the middle 1960s, these caps and the Afrika Corps felt pith helmets from the Belgian store house were common and scorned by most collectors. One could make a list of the objects so prized today that elicited no interest in this far off time. I guess there is no sense in it. We celebrate things as they are today and wish young collectors much good fortune in what they find and enjoy.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast