Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

HJ high leader

Article about: My friend David has this visor that I've posted a question on before but, he wanted me to post these pix and see if this is "how" they actually used the cap device. I figure you gu

Default HJ high leader

My friend David has this visor that I've posted a question on before but, he wanted me to post these pix and see if this is "how" they actually used the cap device. I figure you guys (someone!) has an original and can tell me it this is indeed an HJ leader's hat, and, if this is the correct way/item to use for the device.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ high leader   HJ high leader  

HJ high leader   HJ high leader  

HJ high leader   HJ high leader  

HJ high leader  
    Last edited by rynegold; 07-06-2016 at 10:40 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ high leader
    P
    Many

Please refrain from using outside photo hosting sites!
    Please don't use picture hosting from other picture hosting sites for the forum
    Please upload the photos directly here to this thread, or this thread will become useless as a reference in the future.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The hat is original, but the sweatband & visor have been re-sewn.
    Also, the HJ pin is a member's badge and is incorrect for the hat.
    It should have an HJ pin with 2 prongs that mounts flush to the velvet band.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Ah ok... I figured there was some kind of special HJ device for this type visor. Thanks for the info! Also, were have you seen perhaps, a cap device of that sort for sale? My friend Dave would no doubt like to have one!

regards, mitch

So was there a difference is size between the cap device and the pin? I ask as if they were the same size he could just leave it be as finding an original "loose" HJ visor device might prove difficult to do.

CBH
    ?

They are the same size , just different means of attachment , this is the shirt pin and uses a safety style pin catch whereas the hat emblem uses prongs to lay flat against the fabric .