Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

How much did K Wolffs cap sell for German auction 2010

Article about: Does any body know how much the silk top cap of Karl Wolff sold for at the German auction in December 2010. Thanks Siberkreuz

Default Re: How much did K Wolffs cap sell for German auction 2010

Peter Jenkins also had a black silk officer's cap, in fact.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How much did  K Wolffs cap sell for German auction 2010
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Peter Jenkins also had a black silk officer's cap, in fact.
    Yes, that numbers among the three officers' caps I mention above! I wouldn't be surprised if Robert knows of one or two more as well...

Was it a BLACK SSVT

How much did  K Wolffs cap sell for German auction 2010Robert knows many wonderful things. This is another image of the late Pepera's cap.

The Moran or Hayes book also has a silk general's cap, as I recall.

The French cap book of the early 1980s also includes a black silk cap for an officer, actually.

The time will come and I will sell mine and you can have one all your own.

Hi Adrian, you are right about people being secretive about what they own an not broadcasting that fact. Many people in top circles deal amongst them selves buying and selling on a phone call and keeping the item away from Joe public. My friend was referring he know of only 4 No BLACK SSVT silkens, and he does know who's who' in this hobby. But yes how many Black SSVT SILKENS ARE OUT THERE, and most important are they named and come with full provenance !!!

How much did  K Wolffs cap sell for German auction 2010
    Quote by Silberkreuz View Post
    Hi Adrian, you are right about people being secretive about what they own an not broadcasting that fact. Many people in top circles deal amongst them selves buying and selling on a phone call and keeping the item away from Joe public. My friend was referring he know of only 4 No BLACK SSVT silkens, and he does know who's who' in this hobby. But yes how many Black SSVT SILKENS ARE OUT THERE, and most important are they named and come with full provenance !!!
    I am not exactly certain how to interpret the above. "...keeping the item away from Joe the public..." smacks to me, frankly, of paranoia, which is ill placed here. My cap is unnamed, but I know where it has been since 1974, and that's more than sufficient for me. Many of the stories associated with "provenance" are more than shaky. The pillars of this site have endeavored to put a large amount of real regalia as well as knowledge to the public without stint.
    There are many real items here, which you all can observe only at the cost of time, as the expense of same has been borne by others.
    I find "inside baseball" generalizations of a breathy kind unhelpful and distracting.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-28-2013 at 04:19 AM.

How much did  K Wolffs cap sell for German auction 2010How much did  K Wolffs cap sell for German auction 2010How much did  K Wolffs cap sell for German auction 2010How much did  K Wolffs cap sell for German auction 2010How much did  K Wolffs cap sell for German auction 2010Moreover, the amount of real SSVT and SSTV regalia that is authentic is small, not the least because the officer corps of these entities was quite small. And, to my mind, so long as the thing is authentic, it matters less which part of the SS it is from so long as it is of the era. A hum drum Allgemeine SS thingy is vastly superior to some other object which is, in fact, embroidered, amplified, or otherwise dishonest.

How much did  K Wolffs cap sell for German auction 2010..and let me say this: many of the accounts of provenance based on the services of certain persons, on closer examination, don't hold water, because the research done is highly defective. I have several pieces that came with large files, whereupon if one looked closely at the thing and the documents, the material did not add up at all. That is, there are so many cases when names are similar, or identical (Mueller) and the researcher has seized on the wrong datum and ended up with a dud.
    For instance, this cap is really an SSTV cap, here, but was sold to me as an Allgemeine SS cap of a man who was never much in the SS of the conventional biography relished by collectors with a very narrow view of the SS, but whose life was interesting in various subtle ways.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast