Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

I have a question regarding some Luftwaffe visor cap peaks.

Article about: Fellow members, I'm trying to get something straight regarding visor cap peaks on Luftwaffe caps. I have been comparing my Luftwaffe cap's peak to other examples on the forum. Examples from

KSH
    ?

Default I have a question regarding some Luftwaffe visor cap peaks.

Fellow members,

I'm trying to get something straight regarding visor cap peaks on Luftwaffe caps. I have been comparing my Luftwaffe cap's peak to other examples on the forum.

Examples from the forum:

I have a question regarding some Luftwaffe visor cap peaks.I have a question regarding some Luftwaffe visor cap peaks.I have a question regarding some Luftwaffe visor cap peaks.

The peak of my visor cap:

I have a question regarding some Luftwaffe visor cap peaks.

My question is: Are all these four peaks just examples of imitation leather or are they something else (perhaps even different from each other in ways I am not seeing)?

All kind efforts from fellow members spending their precious time to give me a hand will be tremendously appreciated!

Thank you in advance

- Kenneth

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I have a question regarding some Luftwaffe visor cap peaks.
    P
    Many

Default Re: I have a question regarding some Luftwaffe visor cap peaks.

LW visors come in different materials--all vulkanfiber; vulkanfiber with a leather or Leatherette finish; all leather, and lastly, the ersatz laquered cardboard visors (most often seen in late-war hats).

Heat, moisture, etc also affects the finish over time. Back at the time they were issued, they would have all glistened like patent leather.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

KSH
    ?

Default Re: I have a question regarding some Luftwaffe visor cap peaks.

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Luftwaffe visors come in different materials--all vulkanfiber; vulkanfiber with a leather or Leatherette finish; all leather, and lastly, the ersatz laquered cardboard visors (most often seen in late-war hats).

Heat, moisture, etc also affects the finish over time. Back at the time they were issued, they would have all glistened like patent leather.
    Thank you for taking the time to help me out with this! In your opinion what combination of materials have been used on the peak of my visor cap shown above?

Here are three photos of my Luftwaffe cap's peak:

I have a question regarding some Luftwaffe visor cap peaks.I have a question regarding some Luftwaffe visor cap peaks.I have a question regarding some Luftwaffe visor cap peaks.

I am thinking vulkanfiber with a finishing layer of leather (possibly Leatherette) on top?

Thanks again for the assistance, stonemint!

- Kenneth