Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

I have a question regarding two different methods of joining the rings of piping on German Third Reich caps.

Article about: Hi guys, I'm starting to learn my way around these beautiful caps and as such I have a question. Am I right to say that the "traditional method" of joining the rings of piping is s

KSH
    ?

Default I have a question regarding two different methods of joining the rings of piping on German Third Reich caps.

Hi guys,

I'm starting to learn my way around these beautiful caps and as such I have a question.

Am I right to say that the "traditional method" of joining the rings of piping is shown here below on this seemingly faded Panzer-Grenadier piping?:

I have a question regarding two different methods of joining the rings of piping on German Third Reich caps.

And am I right to say that the method of joining the rings of piping shown here on this infantry cap below is a more unusual (and ugly) method, but that it was done from time to time?:

I would very much appreciate it if anyone with some knowledge on this could help me out here!

- Kenneth

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I have a question regarding two different methods of joining the rings of piping on German Third Reich caps.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: I have a question regarding two different methods of joining the rings of piping on German Third Reich caps.

You are correct Kenneth, both methods were used with the overlapping piping being less common.

KSH
    ?

Default Re: I have a question regarding two different methods of joining the rings of piping on German Third Reich caps.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    You are correct Kenneth, both methods were used with the overlapping piping being less common.
    Thanks for your reply, Ben! Have you ever seen the standard method of joining the rings of piping without the exposed stitching keeping the ends together as shown in the top photo showing the seemingly faded Panzer-Grenadier piping? Or is this exposed stitching always present when the standard method has been applied to the joins of cap piping?

- Kenneth