Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

identifying these visor cap chin cords

Article about: Hello all, I have a whole pile of them here and I was wondering exactly what they are. Are there any here that don't appear to be Third Reich era? William Kramer

Default identifying these visor cap chin cords

Hello all,

I have a whole pile of them here and I was wondering exactly what they are.

Are there any here that don't appear to be Third Reich era?

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture identifying these visor cap chin cords   identifying these visor cap chin cords  

identifying these visor cap chin cords   identifying these visor cap chin cords  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement identifying these visor cap chin cords
    P
    Many

Here some quick help (I do not have time to check all of them):

Reichsbahn:

Customs/Zoll:

Forestry/Forst:

Hurra fuer Wim!

Wm--some appear to be reverse-twist, which may be DDR (they were utilized during the TR, but are rarely encountered).
    Check them with a black light (the cord under the coil bullion will glow), and also check to make sure the knots have metal (usually zinc) or leather inserts (in lieu of plastic).

Most look good just from the pics alone.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Wim, that is a terrific chart that I have never seen before--do you know where it came from?

(I have to go thru my box o' cords--I might be able to recreate with actual examples in color)
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

"Wim, that is a terrific chart that I have never seen before--do you know where it came from?"

We are very grateful that Wim's decades of fabulous research are so willingly and swiftly put before the readership.

He is no computer program, nor widget, nor whiz bang on 1 Infinity Drive in Cupertino, Cal. He is a person.
    Like Mr. Mint, and like me, and like you, and without people like this, there is no knowledge at all.

CBH
    ?

The above members are some of the most stalwart and knowledgeable on this fine forum.
    Their never ending assistance and friendly helpful attitude is a benefit to us all.
    Thank you as always.

Quote by CBH View Post
    The above members are some of the most stalwart and knowledgeable on this fine forum.
    Their never ending assistance and friendly helpful attitude is a benefit to us all.
    Thank you as always.
    Hallelujah.

What a relief to read a thread at the end of which one has the sense that one knows more.

So often, these threads are just a waste of time, and the ignorant become aggressive when their lack of knowledge and discipline is pointed out to them.

Maybe knowledge as a goal in a man or woman's life has no more meaning?

I am out spoken here, because in other places there is a knuckle dragging assault on knowledge, on books, and people who write them.

Of course, Mr. Mint's oeuvre here would well fill a book or two and be an adjunct to Wim's books.

Knowledge is linear and its takes discipline. We are not dealing with information, but knowledge.

We are not training you, we are educating you, and that means you have a stake in the process.

The educated collector is the successful collector. The ignorant collector is a victim-to-be of an incipient felony.

Reading this also makes me think of the high rolling dealer who insisted that SS peaked caps only have very thin cap cords.identifying these visor cap chin cordsidentifying these visor cap chin cords

CBH
    ?

I have learned much from my time spent here, and the above members are why I keep coming back.
    Self described Experts are usually the most ignorant and self-absorbed , those who enjoy the sounds of their own voice most of all.
    Thank you all for sharing your knowledge freely and without conditions.
    I if no-one else do truly appreciate it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast