Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Infanterie officer visor cap - Peküro for opinions

Article about: Hello everyone! I'm really considering this infantry officers visor. I'm looking for one that has not been repaired or altered, but is a 100% textbook example. Does this look like a good mat

Quote by wizardman View Post
    Tell him youll pay the paypal fees, might change his mind...what kind of price range is it in?
    This won't really help if he does not have a pay pal account to send the money to.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Is the seller in a different country?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yeah, he's in France.

Western Union is only $5 to do a bank to bank transfer to France, $30 and I can put it on my credit card. I don't know why I feel any more squeamish about that than sending Paypal money, but it "feels" riskier. If I had gifted it (and I have done this a few times), it's the same thing really. I just loose the option of buyer protection going the route of paying for goods which I was planning to do on this one.
    "Only a real risk tests the reality of a belief." - C.S. Lewis

I think Western Union is a total loss if you never receive anything.

Why does he not have PPal?

A wise man once told me (here on this forum) "an online seller who doesn't accept online payments" is a huge red flag, best advice is to walk the other way.

Not to bash on any particular group, but there is a rash of crooked TR sellers emanating from France, and Germany, among other places....

You need to vet this seller, there's enough collectors and connections out there to do this. It's not the item, or the story, you're "buying". It's the seller. Do you put your trust in him? Do you have good reason to?

He's been on WAF since 2003, has over 800 posts. I've read some of his threads where he's having people check things out, and getting advice like anyone else. He's sold other things too, and has one recommendation in the "recommended sellers" thread over there. Nothing I've seen sends up any red flags, but you're right about the risks involved. He tried to get a friend to let him facilitate the Paypal transfer which was not ideal in its own right, but the friend declined. It's a tough call. I'm trying to convince him to sign up for Paypal. I never asked him why he's not on it.

Well I sold a gob of things to people there over the years on eBay, always very good transactions, and of course they all had PPal. Seller sounds legit, but you have to protect yourself.

Searching the memory bank here...

IBAN, whatever that was, I remember using it for overseas transactions?

Wire transfer? Say, if you were to use your CC to do a wire transfer, what kind of buyer's protection through your card does that give you?

But yes, he could sign up for PPal, very easily, and within a day or two (account verfications), he could take PPal.

Sometimes the guy's wife, or other family member, etc has PPal, and that can work also.

Some transactions never happen, unfortunately, over issues like this. I missed out on a couple amazing helmets last year over an issue like this, priced two for one...

Maybe if you have a friend in Europe that you can pay using Paypal and in return they can pay the seller using IBAN ?
    Good luck!

Luke

Quote by rogge16 View Post
    Maybe if you have a friend in Europe that you can pay using Paypal and in return they can pay the seller using IBAN ?
    Good luck!

Luke
    This is what it sounds like Western Union does. I get his IBAN and bank info, plug it into the Western Union form online, and use my credit card to wire money to his account. With a Paypal mediator, all I can do is claim to collect against the mediator if something goes wrong, so it's probably not any better than wiring the money if the mediator isn't directly connected to the seller.

MAP
    ?

Scott,

Been doing a bit of digging. While nothing can be guaranteed, the seller appears to be a relatively active member and also appears to have sold items in the past. Per the rules, if he was ripping people off, he would have been banned by now. I think the pattern is good from what I can see. He's been a member for 13 years.

Not taking paypal is a bit unusual but not totally unheard of.

As noted, I gain much comfort in how the seller acts. It's not a science of course but it will raise red flags.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I appreciate the help Michael. I'll know more when I hear back from him on what our options are. Hopefully we'll work something out to the benefit of us both.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast