Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Its here, my precious

Article about: My Luftwaffe Fliegermutze has arrived. What a beauty I will post better photos on the weekend. Cheers. Nuno

Default Re: Its here, my precious

What a beauty Nuno, no wonder you are so pleased!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Its here, my precious
    P
    Many

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Good original well used cap.

Cheers, Ade.
    Very nice honest object with its own poetry. No silly "stonemint" Quatsch. These used to be everywhere.

Exactly "FB". Just how I like to see things.

My first one was £22.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Exactly "FB". Just how I like to see things.

My first one was £22.

Cheers, Ade.
    The Flieberblusen to go with it were also everywhere, for 25 dollars in bales.
    We should not remind people of the past. It is too arch.
    I hope you and your family are well. warm regards, FB

?

What a thing of beauty i love it! nice find !

Congrats!!
    Not the favourite type of items I would collect, but that leaves more for you!!
    No negative vibes in my comment, just telling what I fancy or not! ;-)
    cheers
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Such is not what I collect, either, but simple things have their place. In my early time, we did not want things worn out, in fact. Today, I am more ecumenical about it all.
    I always liked the Luftwaffe. The M43 caps used to exist also by the bushel in an unused state.

?

Ok, if we are talking about the first caps we ever bought, this was mine. Actualy, it was maybe the third cap and it all came from the fact that I asked the ebay seller of a fake cap (not that I knew at the time) and I asked him what else he had for sale. This was it. Cost me £300 quid which was a huge amount of money for me at the time! Still is a lot of money for me because I'm not a rich guy, far from it.

I've looked at this hat a hundred times and was never sure if it was faded red or orange piping. I'm sure now though that it is orange and it's probably the only one I want to keep until I die.

A few words here about Dave Kane, he helped me so much around this early time when I first started. When I showed him this hat, his words were "when they are right, they are right and NO need for any excuses". I'll always remember those words.
    God bless you Dave. RIP
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Its here, my precious  

Very nice cap, Ben. The cap appears to be a Panzer one to me, but that is your picture. Who knows? It is a very handsome cap.

?

It's orange piped and I'm now 100% comfortable with this having compared it to dozens of Art. piped caps and a few other orange ones too.

Sorry though, I didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Excellent example of the (my precious) fleigermuetze!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast