Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just got my hands on this little beauty

Article about: Hi Guys, Picked this rather nice early Motorcycle Battalion visor up, I’ve wanted one for ages, it was just finding one that was the problem, I’m going to keep this one I think for my own pr

Default Just got my hands on this little beauty

Hi Guys,
    Picked this rather nice early Motorcycle Battalion visor up, I’ve wanted one for ages, it was just finding one that was the problem, I’m going to keep this one I think for my own private collection, all I need now is the officers, if you've got one.
    Cheers.

Kev.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just got my hands on this little beauty   Just got my hands on this little beauty  

Just got my hands on this little beauty   Just got my hands on this little beauty  

Just got my hands on this little beauty   Just got my hands on this little beauty  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Just got my hands on this little beauty
    P
    Many

It's gorgeous, what colour is the Waffenfarbe? on my monitor it looks like recruiting, I'm sure it's not

Nice score+

Thanks John,
    It's hard to get the color of the Waffenfarbe to show up correctly on the images, here are some comparison images the close up is mine again but a slightly truer color, the officers is another motorcycle battalion but is showing more brown than copper brown.
    The cap is dated 1936.
    Cheers.

Kev.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just got my hands on this little beauty  
    Attached Images Attached Images Just got my hands on this little beauty  Just got my hands on this little beauty  Just got my hands on this little beauty 

that's a very nice cap indeed.

Congratulations on such a cool score, nice honest wear...I know the feeling when that rare long-awaited treasure finally comes your way, and you just know it's the one you've got to have...
    cheers, Glenn

Super nice, it has great character.

?

Like Butter! or Chocolate....Love it!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Hi kevin,

Nice other ranks contract cap...........congratulations.

Any stamps for the unit or maker under the sweat band ?

cheers

Tony

Hey,
    Thanks everyone for your kind words.
    Can't see any stamps for the unit or maker under the sweat band Tony, there is some thing that looks as though it could have been a stamp at one time but it's totally indecipherable now, the only thing that is there now which is readable is the date.
    Tony, I've sent you a PM.
    Cheers.

Kev.

Better color to the images.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just got my hands on this little beauty   Just got my hands on this little beauty  

Last edited by keflin2612; 05-28-2015 at 09:20 PM.

?

Great find. It is always so pleasing to score a rare cap.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast