Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Kavallerie Officers Visor "Braunschweig" skull by Pekuro - KC Winner attributed

Article about: My recent pickup. It arrives in the mail today when I get home from work so looking fwd to having it in hand.... Officers Kavallerie visor with a zinc "Braunschweig" skull. Nice &q

MAP
    ?

Default Kavallerie Officers Visor "Braunschweig" skull by Pekuro - KC Winner attributed

My recent pickup. It arrives in the mail today when I get home from work so looking fwd to having it in hand....

Officers Kavallerie visor with a zinc "Braunschweig" skull. Nice "goldgelb" piping. Hand-embroidered high quality cap eagle and wreath badge.

Silk lined private purchase. No markings besides the size (56) but appears to be a Pekuro from what I can see (black felt between the sweatband and the visor). If anyone else has other ideas/thoughts let me know.

The cap appears to be exactly tailored like this to leave enough room between the cap eagle and the wreath to allow the skull to fit in.

Great condition with some very minor stains.

Now the interesting part..... This visor cap is attributed as the personal visor cap of Knight´s Cross recipient Rittmeister Hans Fiedler. Fielder was awarded the Knight´s Cross on Dec 26 ,1944 as commander of Aufklärungs-Abteilung 118 (Reconnaissance Battalion). He died in Munich on May 16th, 1957. His initials "HF" are marked to the sweat-band. The skull would indicate that Fiedler would have served at some point with the 13th Kavallerie Regiment.

I am attempting to gather more information on Rittmeister Fiedler and if he served in the 13th Kavallerie Regiment. (note: I bought the cap, not the story, which has some circumstantial evidence). I am also trying to gather more information from the consignor of the cap.

**However would appreciate any help in gathering more info or photos on Mr. Fiedler and if he served in this Regiment so I can authenticate this. (I only found one picture and am told that maybe his photo album may be up for auction soon).

Hope you enjoy it!

Regards,

Michael

Kavallerie Officers Visor "Braunschweig" skull by Pekuro - KC Winner attributedKavallerie Officers Visor "Braunschweig" skull by Pekuro - KC Winner attributedKavallerie Officers Visor "Braunschweig" skull by Pekuro - KC Winner attributedKavallerie Officers Visor "Braunschweig" skull by Pekuro - KC Winner attributedKavallerie Officers Visor "Braunschweig" skull by Pekuro - KC Winner attributedKavallerie Officers Visor "Braunschweig" skull by Pekuro - KC Winner attributedKavallerie Officers Visor "Braunschweig" skull by Pekuro - KC Winner attributedKavallerie Officers Visor "Braunschweig" skull by Pekuro - KC Winner attributedKavallerie Officers Visor "Braunschweig" skull by Pekuro - KC Winner attributedKavallerie Officers Visor "Braunschweig" skull by Pekuro - KC Winner attributedKavallerie Officers Visor "Braunschweig" skull by Pekuro - KC Winner attributedKavallerie Officers Visor "Braunschweig" skull by Pekuro - KC Winner attributedKavallerie Officers Visor "Braunschweig" skull by Pekuro - KC Winner attributedKavallerie Officers Visor "Braunschweig" skull by Pekuro - KC Winner attributedKavallerie Officers Visor "Braunschweig" skull by Pekuro - KC Winner attributedKavallerie Officers Visor "Braunschweig" skull by Pekuro - KC Winner attributedKavallerie Officers Visor "Braunschweig" skull by Pekuro - KC Winner attributedKavallerie Officers Visor "Braunschweig" skull by Pekuro - KC Winner attributed

Edit: Added photo of Hans Fiedler

Kavallerie Officers Visor "Braunschweig" skull by Pekuro - KC Winner attributed
    Last edited by MAP; 05-28-2015 at 01:57 AM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kavallerie Officers Visor "Braunschweig" skull by Pekuro - KC Winner attributed
    P
    Many

Glad you got this one..i almost bid, its such a nice one with history..you might find this interesting Ritterkreuzträger Hans Fiedler - Fotoalbum, Dokumente - 118. Jäger-Division Der Rittmeister Hans

DRK
    ?

Michael , great visor , congratulations !

Theo

MAP
    ?

Quote by wizardman View Post
    Glad you got this one..i almost bid, its such a nice one with history..you might find this interesting Ritterkreuzträger Hans Fiedler - Fotoalbum, Dokumente - 118. Jäger-Division Der Rittmeister Hans
    Thanks! and for the link. Klaus noted that there was a photo album up for sale but couldn't find it.

LoL...I was in the "woods" with little reception and my data signal kept dropping. Plus I was working on it from a cell phone. So by accident I put a larger bid in than I wanted - those "touch" buttons are small... (kind of like yawning at an auction and winning something), at least in this case it was something I wanted but I did overpay IMHO.

Michael
    Last edited by MAP; 05-27-2015 at 10:10 PM.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Dang...that's pricy...was hoping to pick it up but if Euro 800 is the opening bid, I out. Would have been nice to have a picture of him

BUT.....the very interesting point is that the description of the sale appears to have him in the Traditions Regiment. So I think I'm getting closer to have a fair amount of provinance....

"The captain Hans Fiedler received on 26.12.1944 as leader of the Reconnaissance Battalion 118 ( 18th ID or 118. Jäger - Division ) the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross . Its service - memory album from " Reiter Regiment Hannover - 4 squadron ( Hussar 17 ) " with 200 photos starts at the Traditions Regiment ( skull on the cap ) , education , sports festival , parade , use in France ( destroyed war materiel or houses ) . Writing for sending the provisional possession certificate ( VB ) to the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross , from 29.12.1944 . Driver's license with a photograph , issued on 07.16.1953 . Here are a few photos with applied Knight's Cross and about 30 letters and photos from the world of family."

Thanks a million for this link!!!

Michael

There seems to be a rather unclad Lady in the photos

There were two Hans Fiedlers who got the Knight´s Cross
    World War 2 Awards.com - FIEDLER, Hans

MAP
    ?

Quote by wizardman View Post
    There were two Hans Fiedlers who got the Knight´s Cross
    Yes. My guy was in the Reconnaissance Battalion.

As far as the unclad lady, i think (from the poor quality pictures) it is a statue...

MAP
    ?

Yes, I saw this photo yesterday...but if you look at the Photo Album from Hermann Historica, it looks like the other Han's. Will have to study in more detail.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast