Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

KM Junior Officer Visor

Article about: The cap of Leutnant zur See Michael Nielsen of U-775 . The Cap has black treated buckram band stiffening rather than the more common white.

?

Default KM Junior Officer Visor

The cap of Leutnant zur See Michael Nielsen of U-775 .

The Cap has black treated buckram band stiffening rather than the more common white.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KM Junior Officer Visor   KM Junior Officer Visor  

KM Junior Officer Visor  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KM Junior Officer Visor
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: KM Junior Officer Visor

Late style strap with untreated inner face, rather than the smooth polished tan finish on early straps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KM Junior Officer Visor  

?

Something else you don't see too often . - The textbook correct upgrade fitting for officers caps converted from NCO. Gilded metal and attached with prongs. As featured in the catalogue of the "Assmann" firm.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KM Junior Officer Visor   KM Junior Officer Visor  

Hi, I know nothing about these but it looks a great cap to me, well done, Leon.

Redcap--
    Didn't know you were a KM visor collector--there aren't many of us! Nice to see some unquestionable origninals for once.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

very nice caps,if only they could speak.

Redcap-great caps! What is the story on the cap in Post #3? Runes on the strap and all sorts of sewn on "traditions"? Do you know any of the history on this one?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Redcap-great caps! What is the story on the cap in Post #3? Runes on the strap and all sorts of sewn on "traditions"? Do you know any of the history on this one?
    That hat is featured in a book I would recommend to everyone, "Torpedo Los" by Gordon Williamson.
    The had belonged to Obersteurmann Schubert of the U-453. The markings on the strap indicate each enemy ship sunk by the U-453.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Not caps that I own personally. I merely had the opportunity to examine them in hand on my last visit to the Deutsches U-Boot Museum as the director, Horst Bredow, allowed me to remove items from display cases to examine and photograph.
    Both caps were donated directly by the families of the veterans. Many U-Boat veterans have it written into their will that any wartime mementoes they still have are to be donated to the Museum when they pass away, Plus of course many donate material when they are still living.

?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Redcap--
    Didn't know you were a KM visor collector--there aren't many of us! Nice to see some unquestionable origninals for once.
    I no longer actively collect these. I have had around a dozen unquestionably original KM visors over the years. Fascinating objects and I always felt the sheer quality and elegance of original KM headgear surpassed any other branch. People are wary of them but once you know the "fingerprints" to look for, I think its easier to spot a KM fake than Heer, Luft or SS.

The only TR material I now actively collect is Feldgendarmerie.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast