Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

KM Kapitänleutnant visor

Article about: With my limited knowledge on visors I have checked this against as many sources as I can find here on the forum. It looks ok to me but please can you give your valued opinions Many thanks Ni

Default KM Kapitänleutnant visor

With my limited knowledge on visors I have checked this against as many sources as I can find here on the forum.

It looks ok to me but please can you give your valued opinions

Many thanks

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KM Kapitänleutnant visor   KM Kapitänleutnant visor  

KM Kapitänleutnant visor   KM Kapitänleutnant visor  

KM Kapitänleutnant visor  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KM Kapitänleutnant visor
    P
    Many

Its a difficult one to call (for me). Its the kind of cap you really need to have in hand to examine closely. Going off the photographs - which don't enlarge to show much more detail, the outside of the peak looks a lot cleaner than the rest of the cap. The braid to the peak also looks much brighter than the eagle and wreath - but that could be through camera flash. The chinstrap looks artificially aged in places. The addition of the U Boat emblem also makes it more desirable if it is genuine.

I am not a big KM collector, but I think this one stands a chance. Get Chris' opinion on it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Further to the cap emblem, if it turns out the cap is genuine - you have a scarce find! According to U Boat net, just 23 U-Boats carried this emblem. The officers who used it were those who joined the Kriegsmarine in 1936 - the year of the Olympics. Good luck and fingers crossed!

Thank you for your comments guys! Very useful indeed

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

It looks good so far. I would like to see some "under the hood" pics.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    It looks good so far. I would like to see some "under the hood" pics.
    Thank you !

I will ask for some pics

Nick

IMHO you have a winner Nick,wish it was mine.

MAP
    ?

Looks OK to me based on my limited experience and my reference books (which only focus on KM visors in a limited capacity). Will defer to Stonemint and others if they disagree.

As Harry noted....wish it was mine as well. One of those holes in my limited visor collection. Sure this costs a pretty penny....

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Some more shots of the Visor and the provenance from Military Antiques of Stockholm

Thanks

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KM Kapitänleutnant visor   KM Kapitänleutnant visor  

KM Kapitänleutnant visor   KM Kapitänleutnant visor  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast