Become our sponsor and display your banner here

KM/MKP NCO Cap

Article about: When the MKP (Marineküstenpolizei) was formed, the initial tranche of personnel were drafted into the navy from the civil WSP (Wasserschutzpolizei). Initially they continued to wear WSP unif

?

Default KM/MKP NCO Cap

When the MKP (Marineküstenpolizei) was formed, the initial tranche of personnel were drafted into the navy from the civil WSP (Wasserschutzpolizei). Initially they continued to wear WSP uniforms and caps, sometimes with the addition of a KM breast eagle to the WSP tunic. Eventually, they wore full KM uniforms. In the transitional period many photos show a mix of KM-WSP items being worn.

This cap is pure KM in all respects except for the insignia, ard KM mohair band, chinstrap, cornflower blue satin lining etc., so is a likely a transitional piece as opposed to a WSP cap carried over into the KM. I love the "crusher" style leather peak. WSP caps, though similar , have their own distinctive features.

Still trying to find the interior shots. No longer own the cap but am tempted to try to get it back from the current owner.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mkp.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	656359  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

These are very rare. I am aware of only about 5 of them in existence today.
    Hopefully you can find those interior pics!
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

?

I would like to see the interior photos also. Looks good so far.