Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

KM Officer's Overseas Cap with Mermaid Metal Device Attached--Original or Reproduction???

Article about: My Fellow Collectors: Hello! I need some second opinions on this WW2 German KM Officer's Overseas Cap with Mermaid Metal Device Attached. Is this item original or reproduction? If its an ori

Default KM Officer's Overseas Cap with Mermaid Metal Device Attached--Original or Reproduction???

My Fellow Collectors:
    Hello! I need some second opinions on this WW2 German KM Officer's Overseas Cap with Mermaid Metal Device Attached. Is this item original or reproduction? If its an original overseas cap, does anybody know what the mermaid represents? I am thinking its a ship's crest, either for a flotilla or a u-boat. Thank you so much for your help and assistance. Have a wonderful day!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KM Officer's Overseas Cap with Mermaid Metal Device Attached--Original or Reproduction???   KM Officer's Overseas Cap with Mermaid Metal Device Attached--Original or Reproduction???  

KM Officer's Overseas Cap with Mermaid Metal Device Attached--Original or Reproduction???   KM Officer's Overseas Cap with Mermaid Metal Device Attached--Original or Reproduction???  

KM Officer's Overseas Cap with Mermaid Metal Device Attached--Original or Reproduction???   KM Officer's Overseas Cap with Mermaid Metal Device Attached--Original or Reproduction???  

KM Officer's Overseas Cap with Mermaid Metal Device Attached--Original or Reproduction???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KM Officer's Overseas Cap with Mermaid Metal Device Attached--Original or Reproduction???
    P
    Many

Nice original cap.

I do not know which unit used this mermaid insignia.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Can't identify which boat or ship it belonged to, but there is a possibility that it may have been from an E-Boat. A nice cap and I wouldn't mind having it myself! If you ever feel like parting with it, drop me a line!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

It's a twin tailed siren, Starbuck's coffee use it as their logo!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hey guys
    Thank you so much for your feedback.