MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this a Kriegsmarine Bordmütze?

Article about: This was given me by a work associate. His father brought it back as a souvenir. I'm not a collector, certainly no expert, what do you think?

?

Default Is this a Kriegsmarine Bordmütze?

This was given me by a work associate. His father brought it back as a souvenir. I'm not a collector, certainly no expert, what do you think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a Kriegsmarine Bordmütze?   Is this a Kriegsmarine Bordmütze?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a Kriegsmarine Bordmütze?
    P
    Many

Default re: Is this a Kriegsmarine Bordmütze?

Can you post more pics?
    A close up of the insigina and some of the inside of the cap as well.

VonBond

schnellmann
    ?

Quote by sjames View Post
    This was given me by a work associate. His father brought it back as a souvenir. I'm not a collector, certainly no expert, what do you think?
    I'll tell you what I think: I wish I had work associates like YOU do ! That looks like a nice, original KM cap.

?

I'd be happy to. It will be several days before I can do that as I'll be away from my computer. Thanks.

?

I too wish I had more work associates like him. His father immigrated from Germany in the 1930s then served as an Intelligence Officer in the US Army. His father had always told him about testing the MG42 machine gun. I was able to arrange for him to fire the weapon and he gave me a couple of items as a gesture of thanks.

schnellmann
    ?

Did he give you that helmet too?

?

The helmet was given to me by my ex father-in-law many years ago. He brought that back as a souvenir along with a nice Walther PP in a holster, which he also gave to me.

?

Here are three additional photos of the cap. Two close up of the front and one inside. As you can see it is lined, but I can fine no markings inside or out.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a Kriegsmarine Bordmütze?   Is this a Kriegsmarine Bordmütze?  

Is this a Kriegsmarine Bordmütze?  

That is a great original cap!
    I am fairly new at Kriegsmarine items but i know a good cap when i see one.The eagle is hand applied but it does look like it was done wartime which is good. Somtimes they were a one piece type i think but may have been seperated easily
    Love the Helmet too.Please show

Tom

It looks very good, I think. Hand applied bevo eagle looks like its been there a long time.
    Thanks, VonBond

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast