Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine cap? I need your help!

Article about: I should like buy this Kriegsmarine cap. To me appear a good "tellermutze", but I need your opinions... Thank you partisan

Default Kriegsmarine cap? I need your help!

I should like buy this Kriegsmarine cap. To me appear a good "tellermutze", but I need your opinions...

Thank you
    partisan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine cap? I need your help!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kriegsmarine cap? I need your help!

Hello

To me, that is a no-brainer, I´d buy it. It has the right eagle, and metal, which is sought after, interiours and so on, I´d get it. A very nice example.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

the cap looks good to me but the eagle/kokade combination should higher as it coverering kriegsmarine (should be roughly 1cm above the centre of the name tag)

?

That insignia placement does appear a little off. And I'd want to see a shot of the cap without the glaring white background too. It may just be my eyes, but to me the cap appears very bright. I'd expect at least slight discolouration of the white material on a cap that seems so worn. Finishing above the tally on the first picture is a bit rough too, I'm wondering if this has been put together.

Yes, Carl is right, it does indeed look very bright. Could this simply be the liner (the edges look a bit rough when sewn onto the cap) that was covered by the blue or white cover? Another possibility is that this white cover has had the blue cover on it all this time and therefore shows no wear. Does this make any sense?

To me, the insignia, leather, stamps, marks, tally bands look fine, though. Therefore I believe that it is just a very nice condition summer Tellermutze.
    Last edited by Little Mermaid; 01-05-2012 at 12:26 PM.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

It may just be the photo but I agree the cap and the tunic are a brilliant white which is unusual for period items
    Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Wow. I didn´t even notice the tunic....!

Very bright white.

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    It may just be the photo but I agree the cap and the tunic are a brilliant white which is unusual for period items
    Nick
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

The insignia itself is original.

However, the makers mark is one used by Janke and to me this, allied with the condition of the cap would be cause for concern. KM caps are not my thing so I cannot offer more than that.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

And Janke made good repros, right? Ack.

Note to myself; read up on Janke repros.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Quote by Stinschen View Post
    And Janke made good repros, right? Ack.

Note to myself; read up on Janke repros.
    He made repros !
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast