Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine "tellermutze" ... opinions?

Article about: Here is my new Kriegsmarine "Tellermutze", what do you think? In your opinion it could have some red flag? it is actually a blue cap with white top... (drap) partisan

Default Kriegsmarine "tellermutze" ... opinions?

Here is my new Kriegsmarine "Tellermutze", what do you think? In your opinion it could have some red flag? it is actually a blue cap with white top... (drap)
    partisan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine  "tellermutze" ... opinions?   Kriegsmarine  "tellermutze" ... opinions?  

Kriegsmarine  "tellermutze" ... opinions?   Kriegsmarine  "tellermutze" ... opinions?  

Kriegsmarine  "tellermutze" ... opinions?   Kriegsmarine  "tellermutze" ... opinions?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine  "tellermutze" ... opinions?
    P
    Many

I add some pictures and 2 without the withe top...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine  "tellermutze" ... opinions?   Kriegsmarine  "tellermutze" ... opinions?  

Attached Images Attached Images Kriegsmarine  "tellermutze" ... opinions?  Kriegsmarine  "tellermutze" ... opinions? 

?

Whatever it is, it certainly isn't a regulation Kriegsmarine Tellermütze I'm afraid. Never seen a period KM example with metal vent grommets, the sweatband and interior are nothing like anything I've seen on originals either. Could well be German and of the period but I'd suspect something like Handelsmarine that has been badged up as KM. Regulation white tops were normally used on replaceable top caps, remove the blue top, fit the white, not as a cover worn over the top of a fixed blue top.

Lot of red flags on this one.

Bad one IMO

DRK
    ?

Quote by heyst56 View Post
    Bad one IMO
    I agree , not good......

I don't like the vents as others have stated suspect you probably have a BM badged as KM TR. THese things are a minefield to get a TR period correct one I have a ReichMarine pre WW2 one I have shown and it is quite different than the one you show. timothy

Thanks
    Partisan