Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

kyffhauserbund Cap question

Article about: hey guys/gals, I have poked around the forum and online and was unable to find much info on Kyffhauserbund Visor Caps. I know they are not one of the more desireable caps collected, but I fo

?

Default kyffhauserbund Cap question

hey guys/gals,
    I have poked around the forum and online and was unable to find much info on Kyffhauserbund Visor Caps. I know they are not one of the more desireable caps collected, but I found one being offered at a really low price without insignias. I think I actually have both insignia for the cap (gold wreath and eagle w/swords), so I figured Id scoop it. BUT....I just have never seen one without swastikas or without a visor rope/lanyard. Can some1 point me in the right direction with this one? Do I even have the correct insignia for this specific cap?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture kyffhauserbund Cap question   kyffhauserbund Cap question  

kyffhauserbund Cap question  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement kyffhauserbund Cap question
    P
    Many

Default Re: kyffhauserbund Cap question

is that the veterans cap?

?

Yeah ,thats what it looks like!! Nice find if this is,, as i seen these a few times and at my next astate auction i better grab it..it looks like a good visor?some body will know 100% if it is...thanks for showing it...

?

Looks like mine.Mine has a diamond shaped sweat shield inside. The shield has a cross/shield emblem. Also a black chin strap. My cap band has swasticas instead of the cross. Rich A. in Pa.

Yours is for the Kyffhauserbund, but is post-war (after 1945). The organisation continues to exist to this day.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

thank you very much Stonemint, thats exactly what I wanted to know and kinda expected. I have never seen one w/out the swas and couldnt find one online, so I figured Id better double check. Still a nice cap for $60 or whatever it is, but since my insignia are most likely not the proper ones, I will def pass. I must say the wartime produced ones look pretty neat IMO, I dont see why people kinda dismiss them?

thanks for everyone who posted too!