Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Let's see your Heer M43's

Article about: by Canuck63 Family Grouping #1!One day I'll post each and every M43 in detail! Czeerz Manny Ah Ha Now we know where all the mdl 43's went. We need a drooling smilie. Great collection sir. St

?

Default Re: Let's see your Heer M43's

Quote by Canuck63 View Post
    Family Grouping #1!One day I'll post each and every M43 in detail!
    Czeerz
    Manny
    Ah Ha
    Now we know where all the mdl 43's went.
    We need a drooling smilie.
    Great collection sir.
    SteveR

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Let's see your Heer M43's
    P
    Many

?

Hi Erich,
    that's why I've stopped posting and commenting for a while!The sheer number of members and lurkers/guests is huge but the replies to the threads are very few...the WAFites fear retaliations perhaps?Three great M43s so far...IMHO Ben's belonged to a Finnish soldier.
    Cheers
    Manny
    It is discouraging. I'm not sure why there are so few - relatively speaking - collectors posting their hats. I had hoped to get a few things rolling by posting parts of my collection, both visors and M43's. So far I've encountered very little of the static, common to other sites, from members here. Perhaps with time others will begin to feel more comfortable in showing off their hats. Na ja, so ist das...

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Good Heer Einheitsfeldmutzen are not that common. I don't think that many people actually have them, well good ones anyway? I don't even have an Other Ranks example myself. So here is my Officers version.

Cheers, Ade.
    And a lovely one it is as well Ade! Thanks for showing it!

?

Hi Steve, thanks for coming in on this; please don't think I felt the lack of response was personal or insulting. I took it as others being uncomfortable about posting due to past experiences on other forums where someone who knows nothing can trash your hat. It hadn't occurred to me that, perhaps, our forums members just don't have any examples to show. (Except for Manny of course!)

?

Family Grouping #1!One day I'll post each and every M43 in detail!
    Czeerz
    Manny
    Sweet! I look forward to it, Manny! I never get tired of looking at them myself. I will most likely do the same once all my visors have been posted.

Quote by ErichK View Post
    Hi Steve, thanks for coming in on this; please don't think I felt the lack of response was personal or insulting. I took it as others being uncomfortable about posting due to past experiences on other forums where someone who knows nothing can trash your hat. It hadn't occurred to me that, perhaps, our forums members just don't have any examples to show. (Except for Manny of course!)
    Hi Erich,
    first off thank you for your kind words in your last post matey...I'll post pictures of the items still in my possession (I've kept all of the M43s but three out of family grouping #2) again soon.I cannot understand for the life of me why members should be shy posting their hats only because they fear that they'be fired upon by the many ignoramuses who crowd "the other fora"...especially a well known one,whose members/mods/saprophytes are better avoided like the plague!
    You've said it yourself...those people cannot tell their @##h"les from a hole in the ground yet they do their best to trash the un-trashable,hence their opinions are worth nihl!
    I ENCOURAGE our friends to post away...I'm confident we'd find new "hidden treasures"!
    Cheers
    Manny

if i had one, i would post it.if i went around worrying about what other people thought. i would get anything done.who cares what they think.all this nazi memerbella is a interesting part of history and they need to get over it.i. its history. take it for what it is. these people dont have a life.what makes the german stuff kool (besides the history part of it) is the qaulity in which it was produced. i like it deadeye

?

Whoever modified that post, thanks!

?

It's one of those strange cyberspace situations where we've all gotten used to instance responses and lots of them too. Yes, it can be slow here but for me, it's all about the quality and not quantity of responses. When you think about it, what is there to learn when 20 posts on WAF say "great cap, congrats" followed by a few saying "I have doubts" and then another 20 after following the herd and declaring it "crap, repro!" ?

Anyway, that's why I left. Had enough of that BS. One of the reasons anyway!

I took some posts of this one that I still have today. Most of mine have been sold now so it's great to see a photo of Steve's collection!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Let's see your Heer M43's   Let's see your Heer M43's  

Let's see your Heer M43's   Let's see your Heer M43's  

Last edited by BenVK; 02-09-2011 at 10:03 PM.

?

Here's one that's been sold now but worth posting because it was quite unusual. Came to me sans insigina, like most of my finds in Europe. Check out the vents!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Let's see your Heer M43's   Let's see your Heer M43's  

Let's see your Heer M43's   Let's see your Heer M43's  

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast