Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luft Officers Visor - A salty dog - Max Lindner Munchen

Article about: I was fortunate enough to pick this up today. My wife was kind enough to get me an early birthday present. This is a nice visor in solid condition with loads of character and a fantastic sha

MAP
    ?

Default Luft Officers Visor - A salty dog - Max Lindner Munchen

I was fortunate enough to pick this up today. My wife was kind enough to get me an early birthday present.

This is a nice visor in solid condition with loads of character and a fantastic shape. Nice bullion adler and wreath.

But... it is not mint. That is why I like it so much. Some stitching is lose, part of the silver piping is missing on the rear, it has sweat stains and gunk on the liner, sweat band and even on the under side edge (where the inside and outside of the cap band meet). This wonderful visor was definitely ridden hard but has held up beautifully. Not a desk jockeys visor for sure.

I am unfamiliar with the maker (distributor?) Max Lindner of Munich. And if they were a quality shop. The fabric does not appear to be doeskin and if it is Tricot it is extremely fine. I can take a macro photo if anyone cares regarding the weave.

Here is another from Oakleaf

Luftwaffe officer's visor hat by Max Lindner, Munchen

Would love to hear your views.

Michael

Luft Officers Visor - A salty dog - Max  Lindner Munchen

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luft Officers Visor - A salty dog - Max  Lindner Munchen
    P
    Many

Michael, I can't speak on construction or the maker but I always like visors done with bullion insignias. Very classy and a great addition to your collection. Bob

MAP
    ?

Thanks Bob. This is my second one. The other is a late war eReL. Much rougher construction/fabric and a torn sweatband but a great jaunty look to it. They will look nice together.

In all fairness to this new cap. The photos of the interior make it look much worse than it is. It is actually quite solid. The sweat band is soft and in good shape despite a few loose stitches and I'm sure with a little TLC those white spots will clean right off.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP, great hat, killer aesthetic shape, and one that is genuinely salty (as a the result of wear, and not sitting in a basement for 70+ years).

Lindner was a distributor, and he retailed some high-quality caps....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

MAP
    ?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    MAP, great hat, killer aesthetic shape, and one that is genuinely salty (as a the result of wear, and not sitting in a basement for 70+ years).

Lindner was a distributor, and he retailed some high-quality caps....
    Thanks Stonemint. Very pleased you enjoyed it. I typically will not buy a visor in poor condition. And this one is a good example. Yes. It was worn hard and a bit "dirty" but it is rock solid

The shape really caught my eye. The wire has been removed and this officer shaped it very nicely.

Wish I could know more about its history as I'm sure it has many stories to tell. The sweat and dirt embedded on the underside of the cap don't lie!!!!

very nice cap.

MAP
    ?

With it's late war "salty" brother

A very nice cap with character. I hate to let you all down, but as one who has actually lived his life around German and Austrian soldiers, a cap of this kind is a badge of honor. This is also true for soldiers and so forth in other nations. An unworn cap on a military head bespeaks a lack of experience. Soldiers examine each other very carefully to see who knows what the hell they are doing, and those who don't. The cap is a very nice piece, indeed. I used to collect Lw caps. Happy hats and happy birthday and you should regard with a healthy dose of skepticism collector group think that also arises from exactly zero real life military experience.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    A very nice cap with character. I hate to let you all down, but as one who has actually lived his life around German and Austrian soldiers, a cap of this kind is a badge of honor. This is also true for soldiers and so forth in other nations. An unworn cap on a military head bespeaks a lack of experience. Soldiers examine each other very carefully to see who knows what the hell they are doing, and those who don't. The cap is a very nice piece, indeed. I used to collect Lw caps. Happy hats and happy birthday and you should regard with a healthy dose of skepticism collector group think that also arises from exactly zero real life military experience.
    Wise words. And your not letting me down. This cap to me is exactly what I prefer. Just like my awards. Something that has been earned and worn but still solid. As someone told me today...this cap has had a "real life".

?

The fabric is indeed a very narrow Trikot (I recently bought such a fabric in Vienna - there the shop assistant called it whipcord).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast