MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

luft pilot helmet

Article about: pammy,,,most vets dont remember where they acquired their "trophies"...so they tend to "embellish" their recounting of the event,,,there was no difference in "night

?

Default Re: luft pilot helmet

this dont look good up close close?? the helmet i think iam interested in?anyone ?thanks ..iam sticking to the old astate auctions!!!!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture luft pilot helmet  
    Last edited by pammy; 05-19-2010 at 12:43 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement luft pilot helmet
    P
    Many

Police helmet - good,.........'Goblet' - bad, IMO.

They didn't even put the eagle on straight .........!
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 05-19-2010 at 04:37 AM.
    Regards,

Steve.

?

thanks steve! the goblet looks good from a far but realy realy close the detail is not there..how am i doing? ok,the helmet whats the most for a perfect decal helmet like this go for?

Quote by pammy View Post
    thanks steve! the goblet looks good from a far but realy realy close the detail is not there..how am i doing? ok,the helmet whats the most for a perfect decal helmet like this go for?

I'm guessing, but a police helmet may be around $400 to $500...............
    Regards,

Steve.

goblet definitely bad imho,,,another "vet bring back"...whats the story on that one??......as always,,,buy the item,,not the story,,,

Quote by pammy View Post
    how much is a good dummy head like this one cost?the old guy said its not a $2.00 cheap one?dont know what he ment by that?
    Styrofoam heads used to be $10 up here a few years ago, now $15 to $18.
    they make a nice display for any headgear. The ones I see are a light
    beige/sand colour. There are distributors for these on-line.
    Regards,

Steve.

Styrofoam heads are very bad for old leather. These "out gas" fumes which over a prolonged period of time will attack the leather.

Glass heads are a much better prospect. Cost around £10 here in the UK.

The goblet is bad for sure.

Cheers, Ade.

?

thanks guys so much!! at least i got a few good items from the old guy!! i think iam going to stick to the good old astate auctions !!he has things he was telling me his so called freinds were tradeing him stuff for his bring backs..such a sham as i was telling him that these so called freinds were getting your original things for these 60-70s re-pro /new er items! he realy had no clue as he said it was only 8 years ago when one of his freinds traded that piolit cap and fake goblet for a helmet he had...so far i got the mine flag ,ww1 1916 helmet and the two standerd sighns that are no dought oroginal he said after years of haveing things he does forget..i know my mind is bad i cant remember what i had for dinner 3 days ago sometimes...oh well,it was fun i will just take a picture of anything he has first before i spend more then $10 so again i thank you guys!!this was a great learning thing for me,as you have to realy know your stuff and never trust/belive everything ...i do belive the police helmet is original and i might get that,,at first glance the luft goblet looked great!! but when you realy look close the detail is not there..so for now on ask and post pictures...i been lucky so far on the astate sales but this just goes to show if it was his astate there would be some good some bad..oh,to your comment militaria ,yes another vet bring back but as you said buy the item not the story is true! but the others are! well they are original for sure and my luck is still going strong as i have a ss dagger that iam going to try and get at an astate sale just hope there is no collectors there!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3