Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe Field Cap

Article about: by Adrian Stevenson Hi Mathew, yes, standard for females to have no cockade. Cheers, Ade. Interesting. Thanks Ade! Matthew

?

Default Luftwaffe Field Cap

Might buy this cap, but wanted to get some trusted opinions first. Looks good to me, but I always want to hear everyone's thoughts first. There's no cockade, either removed or never sewn on. It's somewhat salty. Thanks in advance.

Matthew
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Field Cap   Luftwaffe Field Cap  

Luftwaffe Field Cap   Luftwaffe Field Cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Field Cap
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe Field Cap

It looks good to me. Alot of times the Field Division soldiers wore just the eagle with no cockade.

However the guy who is selling that cap is not very nice.

?

Quote by Wehrmacht39 View Post
    It looks good to me. Alot of times the Field Division soldiers wore just the eagle with no cockade.

However the guy who is selling that cap is not very nice.
    Yeah, I've seen a lot of the Luft caps have the cockade sewn almost over the swastika for the sake of visibility.

What do you mean he's not nice? I've never dealt with him before - I'd like to know what I may be getting into...

Matthew

When I first started collecting at around age 13 I wanted to order an item from him and he sent me a very rude email about how I needed to learn how to spell and that I must have bad parents.

No one spells perfect at 13

?

Quote by Wehrmacht39 View Post
    When I first started collecting at around age 13 I wanted to order an item from him and he sent me a very rude email about how I needed to learn how to spell and that I must have bad parents.

No one spells perfect at 13
    Heck, not a lot of people spell well at 45. Anyway, he definitely seems kinda shady. His tone even seems somewhat rude on his website. Weird thing is, he's located like an hour from me. I see you're from Michigan too. Anyway, thanks a lot - not sure if I'm going to get it or not.

Matthew

I was going to buy it but I'm not giving that guy my money.

Have you ever been to the SVM site? He's a great guy, I got my Luft helmet from him.

Summer Vacation Militaria

?

Yeah, I've been there. He's got pretty good prices, but he does carry some fake/replicas that he thinks are real. Obviously most stores do, but he's got a lot of pretty obvious fakes for sale. It's just, when I'm buying something I haven't physically seen, I like to know that the person selling the item knows there stuff. And while he seems like he knows a lot, he's not an expert like some other people I buy from. On the other hand, The Collector's Guild charges huge amounts for their expertise - but a little too much in my opinion. For me, it's about finding the right mix of professionalism/expertise and good deals.

Matthew

Good original cap. If there has never been a cockade in place it could well be female issue.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Good original cap. If there has never been a cockade in place it could well be female issue.

Cheers, Ade.
    Was this a standard practice of using no cockade for female caps? That's very interesting. Thanks

Matthew

Hi Mathew, yes, standard for females to have no cockade.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast