Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Fliegermütze

Article about: Hi Guys, I promised to share these two caps earlier this week, so here they are. The first one I have owned for over 25 years. As usual with items I own, I like to see some light wear and us

Default Luftwaffe Fliegermütze

Hi Guys, I promised to share these two caps earlier this week, so here they are.

The first one I have owned for over 25 years.

As usual with items I own, I like to see some light wear and use.

Only ink marking visable is a faded size "56".
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Fliegermütze   Luftwaffe Fliegermütze  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Fliegermütze
    P
    Many

Default re: Luftwaffe Fliegermütze

The second cap I have only owned for 2 years now. It was rescued from a rag factory before it was cut up! A friend of mine worked there and he saved many WW2 uniform items. I had known of this cap for many years and finally got to buy it.

The insignia on these caps is typically hand sewn.

The maker of this one is "GA Hoffmann, Berlin" and is dated 1940. Beware of some caps with this maker mark as it is a favourite with the fakers. If buying a cap by this maker, ensure that the stamp matches this one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Fliegermütze   Luftwaffe Fliegermütze  

Luftwaffe Fliegermütze   Luftwaffe Fliegermütze  

I am currently chasing this cap which resides locally to me. Brought home by a former British Military Policeman charged with the task of hunting down a certain Leon Degrelle.... Note the badge the Vet pinned to the front of the cap It now resides in the hands of his daughter and son in law. Sadly, I missed out on a large Rexist banner which they sold a few years ago for £200 The cap is nicely unit marked.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Adrian,

Why was Leon being hunted? He was an exceptionally brave and noble individual.

Regards, Grant.

Quote by greimers View Post
    Hi Adrian,Why was Leon being hunted? He was an exceptionally brave and noble individual.Regards, Grant.
    Oh dear !........I think some one needs to do some research on Herr Degrelle. Although being an exceptional soldier, he was also a failed politician, implicated in murder, oh and considered, no not considered, declared to be a Traitor to his home country, Belgium, where he was sentenced to death in absantia, may of been brave, but not noble !...sorry to hi jack your thread Ade.
    Prost ! Steve.

Ok, just another example of my ignorance, I was unaware of that aspect and those crimes.

Regards, Grant.

Ade-
    Very nice examples of the fliegermutze.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.