Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Luftwaffe General Erel privat attributed to Kurt Student

Article about: The Dagger Guys taught me a new trick- Taking pictures without the flash in natural light. Pretty cool huh?

?

Default New Photos of the Student Visor

Luftwaffe General Erel privat attributed to Kurt StudentLuftwaffe General Erel privat attributed to Kurt StudentLuftwaffe General Erel privat attributed to Kurt StudentLuftwaffe General Erel privat attributed to Kurt StudentLuftwaffe General Erel privat attributed to Kurt StudentLuftwaffe General Erel privat attributed to Kurt StudentLuftwaffe General Erel privat attributed to Kurt Student

Thought I would take a few more pics of the visor -Looks pretty good!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe General Erel privat attributed to Kurt Student
    P
    Many

This is a fine example, only seen two better, 1 is GFM Albert Kesselring's high peak cap ( can be seen on page 245 of book Headgear of Hitler's Germany) And 2 the Generals peak cap on the front cover.

?

Default Silberkruz

Thanks for the reply--You can see more pics of the CW Luft Generals visor on Stonemints excellent cap authentication threads in LW Generals visors. It is a beautiful visor and my favorite maker is CW.The Kesselring visor I looked up in the book and it appears to be an Erel as well. Hard to tell with the black and white photos-but pretty saucy.
    Thanks again
    B

?

Default More shots of the Student Uniform

Luftwaffe General Erel privat attributed to Kurt StudentLuftwaffe General Erel privat attributed to Kurt StudentLuftwaffe General Erel privat attributed to Kurt StudentLuftwaffe General Erel privat attributed to Kurt StudentLuftwaffe General Erel privat attributed to Kurt Student

Here are some good close ups of the uniform that came out with the visor
    Attached Images Attached Images Luftwaffe General Erel privat attributed to Kurt Student 

The insignia looks very nice indeed, especially the breast eagle, the tunics dated 1938, KS or his tailor never had the foresight to move the shoulder board pip back to allow further promotions. War was just around the corner, which gave way to rapid promotion. Would like to see further pictures of this tunic or any high ranking General/GFM.(Or Heer)
    Thank you B for posting this peace of history.
    Regards SK

Quote by Silberkreuz View Post
    The insignia looks very nice indeed, especially the breast eagle, the tunics dated 1938, KS or his tailor never had the foresight to move the shoulder board pip back to allow further promotions. War was just around the corner, which gave way to rapid promotion. Would like to see further pictures of this tunic or any high ranking General/GFM.(Or Heer)
    Thank you B for posting this peace of history.
    Regards SK
    We are talking about a general rank officer, not a 2nd Lt. A general could certainly afford new insignia denoting his rank. I do not recall ever seeing a general officer rank tunic that had insignia modified to denote a higher rank.
    Last edited by BOB COLEMAN; 01-17-2014 at 06:15 AM.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hi Bob, I do not mean to disrespect you in any way by my reply below. My comment was an off the cuff remark, and perhaps I should not have said this was a Luftwaffe generals collar insignia and would have to change, not in the case of Heer.

I have been collecting General officers uniforms for many years and have had Colonel uniforms upgraded to Major Generals etc. These have been named so were real.
    In most cases AH often gave high ranking Generals huge sums of money and even estates with their promotions, so yes the generals were very well off. This does not mean that they purchased a new uniform every time they received a promotion. For instance, when AH promoted all the colonel generals in July 1940 they did not run out to buy a new uniform, they just ditched their 3 pips and installed their 800 silver batons, nor in 1941 they did not even bother changing their 2 prong Litze for the 2nd pattern. When Kesselring handed Rommel a pair of his own batons ( Luftwaffe pattern)Rommel just installed them onto the shoulder boards. Sepp Dietrich wore gilt generals insignia, but regs stated he should wear wire silver. So things were not always as they seem. Below are a few more examples all for sale now in different sites.

A piece of history! GFM Generalfieldmarshall Wilhelm Keitel's Parade tunic. Born 22 September 1882 Died 16 October 1946, As head of the Oberkommando der Wehrmacht (Supreme Command of the Armed Forces, OKW) and was de facto war minister under Adolf Hitler. This is his personal parade tunic and was obtained directly from a family member some years back, along with many other items, including his special suitcase designed to hold the tunic, and the rest of the uniform. Books, medals and papers as well. It is of course its tailor made! It's named inside, dated 1938 and named to him when his rank was General. Its in mint condition. The tunic has the later 1943 GFM shoulderboards on them, these were changed on the tunic sometime around mid-43. There's only one of these!

081U3 - Named Heer Generalmajor's walking out dress tunic. This beautiful high-quality tunic features red front piping and red piping on the French cuffs. The bullion collar tabs and shoulder boards insignia shows the highest quality in construction. The tunic's handsewn general's rank gold bullion breast eagle shows excellent detail. The pleated left breast pocket and immediate area has four sets of loops for the general's decorations. There are loops above the left breast for an extended ribbon bar. This tunic is further enhanced by being named to Generalmajor Hellmuth Hiepe. The tailor made tunic was originally purchased by Hiepe as an artillery Oberst. The tunic's tailor label/ name tag indicates Hiepe purchased the tunic 6.8.40 while an oberst ( full colonel). When Hiepe was later promoted to generalmajor he elected to upgrade the tunic with the addition of general's insignia. Hiepe commanded Artillery Reg't. 17 from 1938 to 1940. He was later promoted to general on February 1, 1942. As a walking out dress tunic for an artillery colonel, the red piping was authorized. Fortunately for Hiepe, the red piping was also standard for officers of general rank. The tunic has several areas of minor repair and light mothing around the dark green collar area and upper rear torso. The repairs include a small mended area near the left breast pocket and left rear side. This is highly desirable named tunic. $8750. More Photos
    From Oakleaves web page. Uniforms.

Modified Reichsheer service blouse for General Dr. Hans Mundt, standard issue moleskin blouse altered with the skirt and lower pocket bags all being shortened, in addition to the two lower flapped slash pockets there are two pleated patch breast pockets, French cuffs, dark green badge cloth stand and fall collar originally provisioned with a pair of hooks (one of each now missing), eight button front closure, two rear pebbled button belt support ramps and matching gilt pebbled buttons used throughout, smaller versions of the buttons are used to secure the shoulder boards, insignia consists of padded hand embroidered general rank collar patches which are well seated and hand sewn to the collar, a pair of sew in shoulder boards for a Generalmajor are tightly sewn into the shoulder seams, the shoulder boards' underlay conforms in shape closely to that of the upper braided portions as was sometimes the case in wear by certain general officers, the bullion national emblem is a bit oxidized and has a couple of broken highlight strands, it is hand applied using green grey thread, there are loops for a long ribbon bar and four breast badges, the tailor's name label for Dr. Mundt is machine sewn into the skirt and a tailor label was applied by hand at the inner breast, it is thought that the general's insignia and buttons as well as the tailor label were applied when Dr. Mundt was promoted, blouse is faded, yellowed and has spots of staining, Dr. Hans Mundt commanded the 168. Infanterie-Division from 11 Jan. 1940 to 8 July 1941, per the consignor the blouse was found in an American veteran's footlocker, please inquire to info@virtualgrenadier.com for additional information and more detailed photos, USD $7500
    From Virtual Grenadier

Fantastic , congratulations.

?

Default Student and Friends

Luftwaffe General Erel privat attributed to Kurt Student

Thought I would add a pic of how I display the Student visor

Well looks like that visor isn't lonely. I think it would be neat to have a nice picture of student in a visor beside it.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast