Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe NCO's flight piped schirmmütze

Article about: Hi Guys, here is another cap from my collection, a private purchase Luftwaffe NCO's schirmmütze. This cap is made from a light blue/grey fine woolen cloth. The waffenfarbe piping is in yello

Default Luftwaffe NCO's flight piped schirmmütze

Hi Guys, here is another cap from my collection, a private purchase Luftwaffe NCO's schirmmütze.

This cap is made from a light blue/grey fine woolen cloth. The waffenfarbe piping is in yellow for flight/fallschirmjager branch of service.

The cap was made by a private tailors in the town of Wunsdorf. There was a large Luftwaffe airbase just outside of the town. The actual maker I do not know, due to damage, but the name began with a letter "P": the address on the celluloid sweatshield is "Adolf Hitler Str 4"

It features a ersatz artificial leather sweatband, so this cap must have been one of the cheaper options to buy. Insignia is made from zinc with a now faded silver wash finish. All these factors would point towards a cap made in the war years.

The cap has seen a good amount of use, with some sun fading and a fair amount of sweat stains to the lining. But I do like to see some useage in an item.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe NCO's flight piped schirmmütze   Luftwaffe NCO's flight piped schirmmütze  

Luftwaffe NCO's flight piped schirmmütze   Luftwaffe NCO's flight piped schirmmütze  

Luftwaffe NCO's flight piped schirmmütze  
    Attached Images Attached Images Luftwaffe NCO's flight piped schirmmütze 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe NCO's flight piped schirmmütze
    P
    Many

Thumbs up re: Luftwaffe NCO's flight piped schirmmütze

WHEN A VISOR CAP IS 100% REAL AS THE ABOVE IS, IT CAN TALK TO YOU LIKE THE JUNK ONES CAN NOT DO. GREAT VISOR

Default re: Luftwaffe NCO's flight piped schirmmütze

100% real for give my type o's jim arrasmith

SS Ring Man
    ?

All ways good to see nice things

Nice cap, I recently bought a dagger that could go along with it quite well...

Thanks for sharing such beautiful photos of a wonderful example.

Two things really jumped out at me. First, just the texture itself of the cap's wool fabric and the way the fabric panels were joined at the front of the cap. The twill nature of the material seemed to be running vertically on the left panel (when looking at the front of the cap) while on the right panel it seemed to be diagonal. No reason they had to be matched symetrically but it was an interesting feature.

The other thing was that the cap color appears to be more field gray than gray-blue (is it just my monitor?) although the last picture appeared to be decidedly more gray to me.

Thanks for sharing such a great item!

Nice Pre War cap

Sebastien.

Beautiful piece Adrian, I'd love to get one for myself.

Recent purchase?

Hi Guys, thank you for the comments.

Hi Michigan Dawg, the way the caps fabric cut is actually a standard feature on most German caps made from twill or Trikot material. Glad you have seen it here. The colour is a very pale blue/grey and has suffered some fading to boot, making it even lighter in appearance. I think the best pic, colour wise, is the botton right pic showing a side view.

Hi Sebastien, glad you like it.

Hi Empereur, I have had the cap since the early 1990's.

Cheers, Ade.

SStotenkopf14
    ?

Nice cap

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast