Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe NCO's Schirmmütze Unit Markings?

Article about: Hello all! I am a 14 year old collector relatively new to cloth German headgear. I recently bought a pre-war Luftwaffe signals visor. It is a private purchase cap, and it has what looks to b

Default Luftwaffe NCO's Schirmmütze Unit Markings?

Hello all!

I am a 14 year old collector relatively new to cloth German headgear. I recently bought a pre-war Luftwaffe signals visor. It is a private purchase cap, and it has what looks to be unit markings stamped onto the sweatband. Can someone give me some help on identifying these markings???

Attached are the pics of the cap and markings
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe NCO's Schirmmütze Unit Markings?   Luftwaffe NCO's Schirmmütze Unit Markings?  

Luftwaffe NCO's Schirmmütze Unit Markings?   Luftwaffe NCO's Schirmmütze Unit Markings?  

Luftwaffe NCO's Schirmmütze Unit Markings?   Luftwaffe NCO's Schirmmütze Unit Markings?  

Luftwaffe NCO's Schirmmütze Unit Markings?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Luftwaffe NCO's Schirmmütze Unit Markings? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe NCO's Schirmmütze Unit Markings?
    P
    Many

Default re: Luftwaffe NCO's Schirmmütze Unit Markings?

I can't help you out on any markings, but it looks like a nice early cap. Where did you pick this one up from?

Corey

I picked it up from Regimental Depot Militaria Home Page, in fact the cap still shows up on his website because he hasn't updated it if you would like to take a look.

?

Wahoooo another fellow 14 year old lol. Love to see more kids our age getting into this hobby. There are also a few other 13,14,and 15 year olds on this forum. Welcome to the forum man!
    Ryan

Thanks Ryan,
    It's good to know that others my age love collecting this type of stuff. I started when I was 11 and I've been hooked on militaria ever since, it's always a good day when you bring home a new addition to the collection, because it's sure to go up in value over the years (not that I would ever sell off my collection).
    Jake

?

I started in 2009 so that would be also when i was 11 lol. I got bitten by the militaria collecting bug last year lol and i havent stopped buying since. You and i have both bought some very nice items recently. Love the visor man!
    Ryan

Thanks again Ryan I'm sure you have a great collection of items too!
    btw i checked out your YouTube channel nice stuff so far!
    Jake

?

I had this cap in hand at the recent SOS; it's a nice early signals cap, with the all leather visor & early eagle. I purchased a very similiar flight/ para cap from the same dealer last year.
    As to the markings, 8.komp means, of course, 8th company. My guess is that LNEA II, is the stamp for Luftwaffe Nachrichten ( Signals) Ersatz ( Replacement) Abteilung ( battalion, or detachment) number II.

BobS

Nice cap! That is one hell of a paper route for a 14-year-old...

Hi

and welcome to the world of collecting. That's a great visor, the markings hopefully have been covered and make sense. You notice a large roman numeral I in the picture, this may well be the issue acceptance stamp that marked the cap as "best" or still in the stores. when issued the stamp changed to II. This is mainly on clothing as well but was a hangover on caps from the reichswehr days. It's a nice early contract cap from 1936 and for the airforce that's really early !

congrats

cheers

tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast