Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe officer cap question

Article about: This cap I bought with the fallschirmjager helm and other stuff from the family of 1st Lt Wm. Frank Lambeth, A company, 81st Chemical mortar Battalion. The hat bill is loose and my question

Default Luftwaffe officer cap question

This cap I bought with the fallschirmjager helm and other stuff from the family of 1st Lt Wm. Frank Lambeth, A company, 81st Chemical mortar Battalion. The hat bill is loose and my question is whether it is the correct bill. The only bills I have seen on Luftwaffe officer hats, in my limited time of collecting, have green bottoms with squares. This bill is smooth on both sides with a somewhat cheap looking edging.
    The holes for the stitching seem to match the odd bill. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
    Sam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe officer cap question   Luftwaffe officer cap question  

Luftwaffe officer cap question   Luftwaffe officer cap question  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe officer cap question
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe officer cap question

It looks a very nice officers cap. The peak, or bill can easily be repaired by someone who knows what they are doing. Like it

A good one !

If the holes match, I think you are safe.

It is possible and well worthwhile to get it repaired. We have a UK forum member who does excellent work.

Cheers, Ade.

It is a good one, by one of my favorite makers--Oskar Hertlein of Erlangen. Bill looks correct for the hat.

Well I am glad that you all think it is original. I would like to get it repaired and correctly rather than my poor sewing skills. Who is the forum member from the UK that repairs these things?

?

I can repair it too Give to the forum maintenance 40 $ and send it to me, and I will do it for you as it must be
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

I'll match that offer!