Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Luftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel Privat

Article about: Anyone know where the description "bullion" came from? Certainly not from the original German product lists.

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel Privat

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Also, and finally, I think in real life, these things did not match. That is, you can see many period color pictures, where the cap textile does not match the tunic textile at all. The collector fetish for "matching" has little to do with reality. Especially when rationing set in, then one was happy to have any textile at all...and the rationing of these things began sooner than many beginning collectors think. as we shall presently find again with our oil, lithium, rare earth and such ho ha.
    This is an incredibly important thing to note in regards to the basics of collecting. A lot of dealers will play the "last ditch material" card. Utter nonsense.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel Privat
    P
    Many

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I freely admitt to being slightly in love with FB!

You could search through a hundred threads on tens of forums but never hear a better or more accurate explaination of the woollen cloths used during the period. Plus, described in the correct German language terms of the period and not some made up collectors language!

Danke vielmals. But please do not exaggerate here, mein Schatz. We do have a mutual admiration society, surely.

We are truly lucky to have him spend time here.
    Danke vielmals. I think you overstate the issue by some degree. I have read the primary and secondary sources, and for some reason, because of my DNA and inclination as well as biography, I am attuned to the textile thingy. But one does have to know it all the same. Dich habe ich auch ganz lieb, dear Ben. You are a pillar here. When I read the dreck on the other site, with the endless baiting and stupid high jinx that suffuse this unhappy century, then I cannot eat as much as I want to vomit. The US centric collector argot is a particular source of hatred in my soul, that I can tell you. It is obscurantism in the extreme. The original German describes it all the best and one can also translate it easily enough. Also, in the Uniformenmarkt CD is enough knowledge to be had by all with great ease. Self cultivation here is the key, and not relying in the crutch of these websites.

Happy foetid woolens to all in this confusing 21st century.

The textile thingy is well encapsulated in the Schlicht Angolia volumes, as it is the enclosures we have added from the Kleiderkasse SS.Luftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel PrivatLuftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel Privat

Why does not some post the relevant pages from some other Kleiderkasse catalog? I also have only mentioned woolens, without gabardine, and other types described above. There were many, many other kinds of textiles in use. See also the Herstellungsvorschriften der RZM for the relevant types of textiles used in uniforms.....Luftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel Privat

But I also think the cosmos of textiles was actually far broader than what I have outlined here, as I look into additional primary sources. There were also kinds of woolens and cotton textiles with English and French names, also in use, as well as such things as loden cloth, too, and on and on....

Someone should post the relevant Luftwaffe document or the Army document in this connection. Though I think the SS Kleiderkasse page here is useful as a point of departure.

Here is a typical Luftwaffe cap in officer's Strichgarn/Trikot cap cover.Luftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel Privat
    There is a finer species of woolen Trikot in which the Strichgarn pattern or structure is less visible, but also present.

See this cap ca. 1935 made by Isken on the left (it is made of a very fine tricot) versus the Mueller ca 1939 doeskin on the right. Luftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel Privat
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-29-2010 at 11:03 PM.

How can sane adults care about such things as foetid woolensLuftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel PrivatLuftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel PrivatLuftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel PrivatLuftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel PrivatLuftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel PrivatLuftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel Privat when the lithium crisis will cause mass panic in the world to come?

?

I think it's important to strive IMO, not only to collect the authentic but to discuss them in an authentic mannor as well. That's why the collectors term "crusher" has always irritated me but I've touched on this so many tmes, I'm now considered more boring than the proffesor of Boring from the University of Boring in Boringwood. That's also why it's very important that people such as youself FB, still contribute. Otherwise in 50 years time, we'll be describing these caps as the Africa baseball cap or the SS Fedora made from fuzzy felt wool!

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I think it's important to strive IMO, not only to collect the authentic but to discuss them in an authentic mannor as well. That's why the collectors term "crusher" has always irritated me but I've touched on this so many tmes, I'm now considered more boring than the proffesor of Boring from the University of Boring in Boringwood. That's also why it's very important that people such as youself FB, still contribute. Otherwise in 50 years time, we'll be describing these caps as the Africa baseball cap, the SS Fedora made from fuzzy felt wool or snakeskin etc!
    May I salute your state of being a total bore, as I am an even bigger bore yet still and have inflicted my malady on the internet. This wound on universal harmony has even become entombed in Google. Thanks for the kind words, but I often think that you and I are in a lonely dialogue across the ether amid a great big, crushed and crimped vacuum decorated with "sculls."Luftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel PrivatLuftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel PrivatLuftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel PrivatLuftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel PrivatLuftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel PrivatLuftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel PrivatLuftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel PrivatLuftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel PrivatLuftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel Privat

?

Well, I do get very excited by the word Gummipolster so I guess I'm well worth considering as a Major Nerd!

Was there ever such a better word!?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Well, I do get very excited by the word Gummipolster so I guess I'm well worth considering as a Major Nerd!
    We do not fit the common expectations of the average consumer or market research object of analysis in this 2010, dear colleague.
    We are quirky.Luftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel PrivatLuftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel PrivatLuftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel PrivatLuftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel PrivatLuftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel PrivatLuftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel PrivatLuftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel PrivatLuftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel PrivatLuftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel PrivatLuftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel Privat

Who ever thought that anyone would care about this odd detail of the past? Why should anyone care now, either?

It is true, though, that when you look at Germans in the era from say 1890 until the end of the second war in films, and what not, that many of them with their squished caps seem pleased or happy in a way that eludes people today. I say this, because I knew many of these people when I was young. I saw a documentary on Brecht last night, who is not my man, mind you, but there was a lot of film of Berlin and what not in the 1920s and 1930s (before Schickelgruber) and people had a certain aspect to them that I find missing in a world of 24/7 and declining social security in the EuroAtlantic realm that I do not see in the past. I mean, these people were crushed by the depression and world war, but somehow many of them kept a smile on their faces or had a chipper attitude. I know, because I knew such people, who are now all dead.

I am sure this is nostalgia, but the jaunty headwear of the past, without a cap spring, symbolizes something to someone, obviously, which is as dead as the do do in our world, that is for sure. But nostalgia is always a dangerous thing, really, even if it is more compelling than an "app" or a self lowering toilet seat.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast