Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Luftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel Privat

Article about: Anyone know where the description "bullion" came from? Certainly not from the original German product lists.

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel Privat

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Who ever thought that anyone would care about this odd detail of the past? Why should anyone care now, either?
    Very true! how many collectors have bought such hats for huge sums of money with not a thought to what is actualy printed here on all the labels, ink stamps and bits of rayon? Whenever I see a black cap advertised, I'm reminded of the American statement, "fully loaded".
    That's actualy pasted in collecting theory as being the black cap with all the "bells and whistles"
    Strange indeed but compulsive, I've even advertised my own caps as with all the bells and whistles! Marketing before history every time!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel Privat
    P
    Many

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Very true! how many collectors have bought such hats for huge sums of money with not a thought to what is actualy printed here on all the labels, ink stamps and bits of rayon? Whenever I see a black cap advertised, I'm reminded of the American statement, "fully loaded".
    Also quite true. For a while there in the beginning, all I cared about was a real RZM tag versus the primitive fakes, but now we have deciphered at least some of the secrets of the past and the riddle of foetid woolens. Maybe it was better in the past, when these arcane details were kept in a narrow circle and not spread across the ether?

Who knows? Granted how sensitive was this man's brow, I guess, we are all enslaved to his sartorial preferences?Luftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel Privat

PS How could such a man with such a stupid grin unfold such nonsense?

?

A man of his time who took full advantage. I find it hard to beleive that he was evil incarnate. There are plenty of his sort around these days who would do the same thing if they thought they were justified in their actions.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    A man of his time who took full advantage. I find it hard to beleive that he was evil incarnate. There are plenty of his sort around these days who would do the same thing if they thought they were justified in their actions.
    Surely true. The present is cranking up to unleash something pretty awful, of that you can be sure. In 1989 and 1990, I was much the optimist, but the retrograde movement since 2001 has made me certain that the 21st century will break many hearts and bodies, as did the 20th.Luftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel PrivatLuftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel PrivatLuftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel Privat

?

Surely true. The present is cranking up to unleash something pretty awful, of that you can be sure. .Luftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel PrivatLuftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel PrivatLuftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel Privat
    I fear that too FB. Julie Christie is not, however the cause of my concern or do you know something I don't?!

Anyway, everyone else has no doubt been bored to death with our conversation!

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I fear that too FB. Julie Christie is not, however the cause of my concern or do you know something I don't?!

What is behind Julie Christie in the picture? That is what concerns me, since Bradbury's fears have been much realized.

I do not mean to bore others, but we can converse via this medium. You are a moderator, too!

Quote by BenVK View Post

See this:Luftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel Privat

?

. You are a moderator, too!
    That's true, carry on!

I never did watch dr zhivago from beginining to end though!

As you know, first the books, then the people.Luftwaffe Officers schirmutze : Erel Privat
    Pasternak and Bradbury were keen observers of their era.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    That's true, carry on!

I never did watch dr zhivago from beginining to end though!
    You should, though. David Lean made fabulous movies about contemporary history and that is our thing. The effects of the century in which I was born have not lessened, really.

The power of these events drives us to collect the scraps and pieces of same and to assign them value, as we do.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast