Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Pith Helmet ?

Article about: Hi, This has been offered to me and I'm fairly sure it's good, but would like other opinions. And an idea of price...thanks

Default Luftwaffe Pith Helmet ?

Hi,
    This has been offered to me and I'm fairly sure it's good, but would like other opinions. And an idea of price...thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Pith Helmet ?   Luftwaffe Pith Helmet ?  

Luftwaffe Pith Helmet ?   Luftwaffe Pith Helmet ?  

Luftwaffe Pith Helmet ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Pith Helmet ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe Pith Helmet ?

Hi Karl, it looks fine to me. But I cannot help on a value sorry.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade,
    The eagle is very unusual where normally these were usually brass with a silver wash. This one looks to be a base silver alloy with a gilded or gold wash??? Could it possibly be a General officers eagle?

Karl

Hi Karl, I don't know if such a General's bird existed? I think I would have attribute the colour to a toning of the metal due to the passage of time. But you having it in hand is the best way to tell.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Karl, I don't know if such a General's bird existed? I think I would have attribute the colour to a toning of the metal due to the passage of time. But you having it in hand is the best way to tell.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade,
    Yes you are probably correct, I may be looking for a diamond in a lump of coal

Well, If your wondering, i'm fairly sure that the bird was not just an insignia for the Luftwaffe, but the other is. And sorry, no real idea at the value, but maybe $60-$70 or if were an officer's possibly $90-$110

Quote by visor_cap_collector View Post
    Well, If your wondering, i'm fairly sure that the bird was not just an insignia for the Luftwaffe, but the other is. And sorry, no real idea at the value, but maybe $60-$70 or if were an officer's possibly $90-$110
    I believe you giving the price of just the eagle? The Collectors Guild sold a helmet like this for $1115.
    The Collector's Guild

Quote by visor_cap_collector View Post
    Hi Trevor, the eagle is Luftwaffe only. The Heer used a silver eagle with downswept wings, while the KM used a similar design to the Heer, but in a gilt finish.

Cheers, Ade.