Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Schirmmütze

Article about: Hi everyone, just received this Luftwaffe other ranks visor (my first Luftwaffe cap) for Flakartillerie and am very pleased as I have been looking for a budget Luft cap for a while. This was

Default Luftwaffe Schirmmütze

Hi everyone, just received this Luftwaffe other ranks visor (my first Luftwaffe cap) for Flakartillerie and am very pleased as I have been looking for a budget Luft cap for a while. This was purchased from William Kramer on this forum. I understand William to be an honest dealer and I have no particular concerns, but if my fellow members would confirm it is all authentic I would feel re-assured. Also if anyone has any other info, such as a date for it, or any other useful information, that would be appreciated.

Clearly there are issues with the condition of the lining and the piping has been painted yellow. I assume this is postwar vandalism, and I will be looking at ways to get this removed.

Many thanks, Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Schirmmütze   Luftwaffe Schirmmütze  

Luftwaffe Schirmmütze   Luftwaffe Schirmmütze  

Luftwaffe Schirmmütze   Luftwaffe Schirmmütze  

Luftwaffe Schirmmütze  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

Also I was suprised to see army field grey wool under the liner band, is this a common feature?

If someone can just tell me this is a genuine cap I will be happy. Many thanks, Doug

Hello Douglas,
    I am not really a visor collector although I have a few but, I think the only thing you will have to worry about is removing the yellow paint from the piping.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Looks like the paint could crumble off by gently
    rolling it with your fingers.

It's a bit salty, but I like it.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I would not exclude the probability that it was wartime done.
    It is very well done, and something I have never seen before--most likely the thrifty LW Artillery NCO simply re-painted the piping when he transferred to the flight (or FJ) units.
    Too neat to be collector done, imo--I would leave as is.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

That is a very interesting thought by stonemint, I never heard of that being done before but it is very possible, not sure if the insignia is original to the cap but looks good either way!

I have bought from William before with no issues and always good product. I was contemplating buying this one myself, congrats for snagging it Douglas!!

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thanks for the comments everybody.