Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Schirmmütze Visor Cap for reviev

Article about: Hallo meine Damen und Herren.. Here i share with you anotherone of my lil´treasures. This time it´s a Luftwaffe "Fliegende Truppe" NCO Schirmmütze / Visor Cap. Unfortunately the ma

Default Luftwaffe Schirmmütze Visor Cap for reviev

Hallo meine Damen und Herren..

Here i share with you anotherone of my lil´treasures. This time it´s a Luftwaffe "Fliegende Truppe" NCO Schirmmütze / Visor Cap.

Unfortunately the maker is missing, even thou inside the cap there are still "stitching marks" of where the manufacturer´s label used to be.. The cap is in very nice aesthetical condition, with only a small moth-bite visible.
    I like the thought that this cap may "have walked" between Heinkels 111 and Junkers Ju-52, and maybe even some Messerschmitt Me-110, which i consider the most beautiful airplane of all times, only to compete with the old Boeing 707.. but well, that´s material for another forum

I like this cap quite a lot, even thou i am not very familiar with Luftwaffe Visors, so i bring it here to share with you, and maybe also learn something new about it..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Schirmmütze Visor Cap for reviev   Luftwaffe Schirmmütze Visor Cap for reviev  

Luftwaffe Schirmmütze Visor Cap for reviev   Luftwaffe Schirmmütze Visor Cap for reviev  

Luftwaffe Schirmmütze Visor Cap for reviev   Luftwaffe Schirmmütze Visor Cap for reviev  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Schirmmütze Visor Cap for reviev
    P
    Many

hope the pics are good, in case some important detail is missing, lemme know and it shall be shown to the world..

?

Hi danhashman,
    this is indeed an intersting example. The peak is the late(r) war version - no (more) edging. Then the missing metal ring in the crown which gives the cap the "old style" "50 mission" look. Another feature is the hand-(re)sewn sweatband and visor (look at the original holes in the sweatband) and the cotton waste inlay in the area of the peak. The question is: when was this done?

All in all a nice (supposedly late war) cap.

I like the soft, crushed look of it. If this type of cap was worn in the field, I'm certain the owner would not want it to look like it just came off the shelf. Attached is a photo of an unknown NCO with a more worn visor. NH

A very nice, field worn cap.

i am glad to see it so widely & positively accepted. Feels good.. This kind of ww2 miliaria is always a little "uncertain", as there are so many fakes outthere.. The only thing i pity is that i may never know who made this cap.. But that´s not more than a "first world problem"...