Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe Summer Visor Cap Good or Bad

Article about: Hi Folks, Could some kind person with a lot more knowledge than I have take a look at this Luftwaffe officers visor cap and tell me if it's good or bad, I think it's OK but not 100% or even

Red face Luftwaffe Summer Visor Cap Good or Bad

Hi Folks,
    Could some kind person with a lot more knowledge than I have take a look at this Luftwaffe officers visor cap and tell me if it's good or bad, I think it's OK but not 100% or even 50% sure and if it is good what sort of money should I be paying for it as I don't want to pay too over the odd's. "Sorry about the images"
    Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Summer Visor Cap Good or Bad   Luftwaffe Summer Visor Cap Good or Bad  

Luftwaffe Summer Visor Cap Good or Bad  
    Attached Images Attached Images Luftwaffe Summer Visor Cap Good or Bad 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Summer Visor Cap Good or Bad
    P
    Many

Hi

Looks ok based on these pictures but wait for other opinions. This caps are well faked.

The insignia is usually bullion for officers so I would say that may be something to consider an issue.

Price is what you feel it is worth to you........................they can be horribly expensive for a crisp minty one.

Good luck

Tony

Yes Tony, it''s the insignia that's putting me off at the moment to be honest with you, it just doesn't look right, unfortunately these are the only images I have.

Kev.

?

I am far from an expert on these caps but I have a Luftwaffe officers cap that was a direct purchase from a vet in 1969 and it has metal insignia also.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    I am far from an expert on these caps but I have a Luftwaffe officers cap that was a direct purchase from a vet in 1969 and it has metal insignia also.
    Steve,

I,m not saying that the insignia make the cap wrong, just an observation......lots of variety in ww2 caps. It may be 100% correct.

cheers

Tony

Quote by keflin2612 View Post
    Yes Tony, it''s the insignia that's putting me off at the moment to be honest with you, it just doesn't look right, unfortunately these are the only images I have.

Kev.
    Kev

If the cap doesn't feel right then don't buy it IMO....even if it is original it will always niggle ya ! Wait for the right one to turn up...plenty of fish in the sea and if the cap fits........................

cheers

Tony

I agree Tony, there is a lot of variety, I may leave it, it's just that it's got a great shape to it, it's like the proverbial donkey & carrot.
    Just while I've got your attention I'd like someone to take a look at the colour of the underside of this peak/visor of a Infantry Officers visor cap, does it look OK.
    It's the only image I've got I'm afraid.
    Kev.
    Attached Images Attached Images Luftwaffe Summer Visor Cap Good or Bad 

Hi the colour is fine, just looks a bit bright yellow because of the lighting/camera flash maybe ?

The cap appears to be made by Peküro looking at the sweat band. Nice cap by the look of things.

cheers

tony

Cheers Tony, much obliged, the black peak doesn't appear to be lacquered is that very common.
    Cheers.
    Kev.

Hello chaps ,caps are not my area so by all means "shoot me down" but to me it looks like an NCO's cap that has had an officers cord and buttons attached to replace the original leather one(promotion??). If it's an original cap that would not be unheard of as some people just liked using their original kit? Just a thought. Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast