Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe visor cap

Article about: I picked up this Luftwaffe visor about 8 years ago - it was a mess. It was missing all of the insignia, the chin strap, the buttons and the sweat band. It was also a bit crushed and out of s

Default Luftwaffe visor cap

I picked up this Luftwaffe visor about 8 years ago - it was a mess. It was missing all of the insignia, the chin strap, the buttons and the sweat band. It was also a bit crushed and out of shape. I added an original cockade, original buttons, repro chin strap and Adler. Hard to read but I believe it is from G.A. Hoffmann Berlin. I have two questions - is there someone out there who can re-sew the sweat band and restore the interior? Also, should I consider replacing the Adler and chin strap with originals? NH

Luftwaffe visor capLuftwaffe visor capLuftwaffe visor capLuftwaffe visor capLuftwaffe visor capLuftwaffe visor cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe visor cap
    P
    Many

you done a nice job so far, keep going.

Thanks. My question regarding going further into the restoration revolves around value. If I don't add original Adler and chin strap it could still make a good first cap for a novice collector. I may wish to keep it and wonder if it is worth going further. I have no idea how much an original chin strap would cost. That might be prohibitive. NH

Hi Neil

Nice job on restoring it. The price of original chin straps can get as high as £40 in the uk so that may help your decision on replacement, the eagles cost a little less and are easier to find.

stitching on the sweatband is relatively easy as you just follow the original holes made by the tailor ! good luck.

cheers

Tony