Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

LW-Generalluftzeugmeister Visor

Article about: Gents-- I have long been a skeptic that these visors existed, given the fact that no period pictures have ever come to light of one of these being in wear. I obtained this one fully intendin

This was just posted on the other forum--the first example of loose bullion I have seen:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LW-Generalluftzeugmeister Visor   LW-Generalluftzeugmeister Visor  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LW-Generalluftzeugmeister Visor
    P
    Many

Maybe some interesting information (had not seen this thread before).
    I know I dealt with this subject in "Headgear of Hitler's Germany", volume 1.
    With the pages 272 and 273 some headgear with the GL (Generalluftzeugmeister)
    insignia were shown.

It was included in the book as the headgear was handed over so many years ago
    (1988/1989) and the one or the other expert said that it specifically was for the headgear.
    And so was done! I did not have the order as shown here, otherwise the text in the
    book would surely have been different!

The introduction-order however, as published in the "Luftwaffen-Verordnungsblatt"
    from June 23, 1941 does NOT specifically say it was worn with headgear.
    The order from the Generalluftzeugmeister from May 27, 1941 (GL Nr. 2020/41 Adj.) says:

as a part of the GL-uniform (Bestandteil der GL-Uniform), to be used for technical
    personnel (civil persons, known as Wehrmachtgefolge). This was the larger version, being
    6.5 cm. The start of the announcement states also: Zivilpersonen.

You see it worn upon the breast, left or right, but worn with headgear I have not
    ever seen a photograph. So?? Who knows the one or the other GL-employee did
    position it onto his visored cap, but I do not believe it was actually meant for that
    otherwise the order would not have said "as a part of the GL-uniform"!!

Here the order and publication:

LW-Generalluftzeugmeister Visor
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 02-26-2016 at 10:36 PM.

?

I agree. I do not believe this badge was ever worn on any headgear. That reference is incorrect. I collect this branch as a focus, and in doing so, I've seen many images. These images always show this badge as a chest insignia. In fact, I've never seen evidence to support the GL members even wore visor caps at all. All headgear consisted of either the dark blue version or overseas cap or the standard LW overseas cap. NEVER a visor. LW-Generalluftzeugmeister VisorLW-Generalluftzeugmeister VisorLW-Generalluftzeugmeister VisorLW-Generalluftzeugmeister VisorLW-Generalluftzeugmeister VisorLW-Generalluftzeugmeister VisorLW-Generalluftzeugmeister Visor

I can only repeat what I stated at the beginning of the thread--there never was a bullion (or metal) eagle on this hat, and the prongs do not penetrate the lining.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

I just wish we can find more period militaria(complete tunics and uniforms) in this area. I wonder where it all went?

Here is one other EM cap that I am comfortable with. Who knows when the eagle was added though... these items were so non-standardized that it could be legit. I've never heard of an insignia machine sewn onto an overseas cap. The Collector's GuildLW-Generalluftzeugmeister Visor

Quote by stonemint View Post
    This was just posted on the other forum--the first example of loose bullion I have seen:
    It "smells" as one of the badges, which were faked on orders of some Dutch
    dealers in the later 1970's. Anyway the same paper is at the reverse as many
    of their fakes had. The industry at Pakistan made overtime hours!

Default Generalluftzeugmeister with Visor

Hello here a rare picture from two GL and surprise surprise the GL Eagle is on the breast.Scan0002.pdf
    Attached Files Attached Files

?

all of the ADLER'S shown seem to be of the DROOP TAIL STYLE. and the last photos seem to have a very fat guy, and the other one looks like the OVER HILL GANG? JMHO. was it set up as a reserve org.?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2