Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M-42 Schiffchen

Article about: This M42 Schiffchen is on its way to me from Germany...These are actually harder to find -though less stylish- than the regularly-encountered M43 Schiffchen...Insignia has been removed but c

Default M-42 Soft-Cap

This M42 Soft-Cap - (Large Size 61!) is on its way to me from Germany...These are actually harder to find -though less stylish- than the regularly-encountered Schiffchen...Insignia has been removed- but that's an easy restoration...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M-42 Schiffchen   M-42 Schiffchen  

M-42 Schiffchen  
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 03-08-2016 at 06:16 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M-42 Schiffchen
    P
    Many

?

Weren't a lot of m-42 caps converted into m-43 caps by adding the bill? Also, weren't they in production for a shorter period of time? These two things would make them harder to find than an M-43.

Nice cap! I have been wanting to add an M-42 to my collection.

Quote by M422A1 View Post
    Weren't a lot of m-42 caps converted into m-43 caps by adding the bill? Also, weren't they in production for a shorter period of time? These two things would make them harder to find than an M-43.
    Yes Friend, I believe you are correct...
    cheers, Glenn

nice cap Glenn.

Glenn, nice addition to the collection. congrats.

cheers

Tony

?

Really nice addition of a very hard to find cap. I believe they had the T style insignia on them.

More photos when it arrives please! NH

Quote by M422A1 View Post
    What about the grommet? That would make them stick out as a converted M43 ....
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Really nice addition of a very hard to find cap. I believe they had the T style insignia on them.
    Steve is correct as to the insignia. Even in the early days of plenty and few collectors, these were always a difficult item to locate. Nice acquisition Glenn!
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Sometimes these old items that are missing insignias, can give you a nice surprise- meaning they can have been used by more exotic units.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast