Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M 43 Feldmütze

Article about: Looks like a typical Austrian style cap of the period. You could always ask the company themselves about it, they still make hats today! https://www.wesely.co.at/

?

Default M 43 Feldmütze

Another one cap, which is not standart to me, firstly a strange wool type for M 43, also sweatband - looks more like a officers cut. The eagle most probably reapplied later. The hat is again Otto Wessely as my prefious post, but the stamps is different. In my first look Iäve thought that the cap is not good, but after the detailed look, I found that the seams and thread OK and is very difficult to make the cap old ( some moth holes on the sweatband, and the thread starts to be rotten under the sweatband. The liner cloth are normal for late war, and I usually seen that type of liner on the Police M 43 tunics and tank wrappers.
    The cap was found by RichieC in Vet estate.
    Any comments appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M 43 Feldmütze   M 43 Feldmütze  

M 43 Feldmütze   M 43 Feldmütze  

Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M 43 Feldmütze
    P
    Many

Default Re: M 43 Feldmütze

I like the Trapez ! first opinion...

?

The trap is for sure original( but imo is replaced). But interesting that in the same time I've picked up the wasserschutpolizei cap from the same maker in Germany, and that M 43 was wait me in the postoffice at home. Both are the same makers and looks like both has the similar work ( sweatband and eyelets) plus some of the technological seams.
    Also some wear traces on the visor and some color fadings on the eyelet thread as you can see on the picture.
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Let's ask RichieC about the history of that cap.
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

But interesting that usually the maker's mark in the M43 are Rb NR, this factory probably was too small to get the Reichsbetriebsnummer? Or each of factory has own Rb NR?
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

I will add more pictures tommrow, the Zig-zag is just the edge of the badge made with zig-zag, the eagle applied to the cap with the hand.
    But probably I'am sceptic and that is just my thoughts ( I know that a lot of helmets was came to the States has post war vet's applied decals on the every side of the helmet)
    Regards,
    Dimas

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Let's ask RichieC about the history of that cap.
    Sorry Dim, I regret to state that I have no history of the cap itself other than it was part of one the many vet lots I have (luckily) aquired in recent months. I do know that it's former owner was in the supply corps and was posted in Germany for a few years after war's end...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

A late war trap on a hat with a full sweatband??? My understanding is that full sweatbands - leather or otherwise - are not the norm on M43s. I'm not near to being an expert but it raises doubt in my mind. Thoughts?

?

My thought is just a couple of small factories has make them. This is Austrian producer and I have another cap from this producer with similar technologies
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

from the little I believe I know,I like the cap. If you lower the flaps,do you notice the fold over material stops short of the flaps.You will see this on original Austrian makers. The back seam will have it as well. Compare it next to a German manufacturer and you will notice the difference. Also, the full sweatband was in keeping with the normal procedures at the time. Also a better cut of wool. This looks like the one on Eisenlaub, or very similar. Everything about this cap is right and real for an Austrian cap of the WW2 period. They were a better made, more tailored cap.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast