Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M34 Wehrmacht Feldmütze

Article about: Wehrmacht M34 Feldmütze. Mint condition. Your opinion please.

Default M34 Wehrmacht Feldmütze

Wehrmacht M34 Feldmütze. Mint condition. Your opinion please.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M34 Wehrmacht Feldmütze   M34 Wehrmacht Feldmütze  

M34 Wehrmacht Feldmütze  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M34 Wehrmacht Feldmütze
    P
    Many

Default Re: M34 Wehrmacht Feldmütze

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M34 Wehrmacht Feldmütze   M34 Wehrmacht Feldmütze  

?

Can you show close-up pictures of the grommets?
    I don't like the cut (construction) of this cap, what do you think yourself?
    Probably there was a models like that.
    Also the left side stampings is not good, due of all seen examples was right side, or right side top stamped

Here the close-up of the grommets.
    I think the construction of this cap is a little different than normally, too.

Paul

?

Sorry, I can tell that this is not a German grommets, and very bad placed to the cap

It is a pity. Thanks for the info.

?

Hi. I would not dismiss this cap as a repro. This is the rarer version of the true M34 pattern EM mans cap. This pattern was made for sure alongside the M38 sidecap. The stamp inside would not worry me too much, as the Lago stamp or makers markings is/are not an individual maker but a consortium of small makers banded together to mass produce in the military effects contracting economy. Hence the different styles and types of Lago stamps encountered. The construction and lining of the cap looks good. I must respectfully disagree with Dimas on the grommet subject. I have seen examples of this exact kind of mixed brass and steel grommets on original M34 caps. The inside of the brass parts of the grommets even had the exact same kind of grooves/markes from the tool that stamped these in place. With this late production date (1942) the cap was not to have southache/Waffenfarbe.
    All in all, I belive this is a original cap. I can not see any red flags in the construction methods. All of the seams and threads are what I would expect to see on a original one.
    I just hope that this reply does not come to late, and Pawlito have thrown the cap in the trash...
    Kind regards
    Björn

?

Here is a reference photo, that I found just now (and borrowed) from the WA-Forum, picturing this kind of grommet on a original black M34 Panzer cap. Original forum thread:

Panzer M34 MINT, opinions - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Althou there are subtle differences, like that the grommet on Pawlito's cap looks a little distorted (proberbly from the stamping process wich was a little to hard, and that the inner ring/part of the grommet is from another mis-matched type), it is clearly the same type of brass grommet.
    I also like the way the insignia is sewn on on Pawlito's cap. I belive that they are not re-sewn, and that these have been on the cap since it was made. The eagle and cocade are originals, no doubt about that.
    They are also made out of the later subdued, mouse gray thread on field gray backing, wich is also correct in relation to the 1942 production date inside the cap.
    Björn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M34 Wehrmacht Feldmütze  
    Last edited by Bjørn; 03-06-2008 at 05:05 AM.

Björn, thank you for that info. Your reply does not come too late, i still own this cap.