Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M38 Feldmütze purchase

Article about: Hello friends, Looking forward to receiving this M38 from 1944 Militaria. I will post better photos once it arrives. It is marked in two places with the number 49 which I assume is a film or

Default M38 Feldmütze purchase

Hello friends, Looking forward to receiving this M38 from 1944 Militaria. I will post better photos once it arrives.
    It is marked in two places with the number 49 which I assume is a film or theater number. I'm guessing this came out of some wardrobe stock. NH

M38 Feldmütze purchaseM38 Feldmütze purchase

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 Feldmütze purchase
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Looks great Neil.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for the comments and likes! FINALLY found an M38. You may recall I posted 4 different examples that all got shot down. One was a KM model with improperly applied Heer insignia, one was an original RAD with improperly applied Heer insignia, one was an outright fake and the other one was a complete non-starter "foreign" made example. This one appears to be a keeper with a bit of salt. As always, thanks for the advice and encouragement. NH

MAP
    ?

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    Thanks for the comments and likes! FINALLY found an M38. You may recall I posted 4 different examples that all got shot down. One was a KM model with improperly applied Heer insignia, one was an original RAD with improperly applied Heer insignia, one was an outright fake and the other one was a complete non-starter "foreign" made example. This one appears to be a keeper with a bit of salt. As always, thanks for the advice and encouragement. NH

I think I have one just like this although with lots of the nap being gone when you look close

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I have the Mütze in hand now. It turns out to be a C. Louis Weber Hannover example. I guess the 59 H 42 is size and manufacture date and maybe H for Heer? Curiously, the bellows section at the top is clipped tightly together with what appears to be a period paper clip. I think it is smaller than 59 and a stamp inside looks to be 56. Photos will follow. NH

MAP
    ?

Guess they liked that "pinched" look. Maybe that is why the paper clip was added?

Correct.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Some additional photos. Thanks everyone for your comments. I am pleased with the purchase overall. The insignia appears factory sewn. So many caps have re-applied insignia attached in a flimsy manner. There are issues including some small nips and small tear with a repair but it presents well. The clip in the crown is intriguing. I don't know if it is from the period but it appears so. It has the effect of keeping the crown tight and looks like it has been there for quite some time judging by the wear on the lining. It will be paired with an Alter Art Feldbluse that requires an early period cap. Photos of that pairing later. NH

M38 Feldmütze purchaseM38 Feldmütze purchaseM38 Feldmütze purchaseM38 Feldmütze purchaseM38 Feldmütze purchaseM38 Feldmütze purchase

MAP
    ?

Gotta LOVE that paper clip. Makes this one special!

(assuming it was period attached )

Of course, I cannot claim this is a period paper clip. However, the wear in the crown makes it appear the clip has been digging into the material for some time. I know period caps were modified using things like matchbooks to stiffen crowns and so forth. Who knows? I will leave it in there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast