Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M43 Field Cap---what branch? Info please...

Article about: The blacklight is a tool, nothing more. Don't get fooled into thinking it is a "magic wand" for divining original from fake. Basically, if something does glow it is worth looking a

Default M43 Field Cap---what branch? Info please...

I have had this M43 field cap for a LONG time--7-10 years. I have never really did any investigating, but recently I started looking and I cannot find one with the same style eagle and separate cockade. I am also wanting to know what the wording on the inside means. Finally--anybody have an idea of value?? I think I paid around $100 for it years ago. Thanks and look forward to opinions and info!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M43 Field Cap---what branch? Info please...   M43 Field Cap---what branch? Info please...  

M43 Field Cap---what branch? Info please...   M43 Field Cap---what branch? Info please...  

M43 Field Cap---what branch? Info please...   M43 Field Cap---what branch? Info please...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M43 Field Cap---what branch? Info please...
    P
    Many

Default Re: M43 Field Cap---what branch? Info please...

im no expert on these but ill tell you as much as i can. the 58 is obviously the size the the numbers below it are like a factory mark called a national business number. it appears to be wehrmacht. a real one can be worth several hundred dollars nowadays, but like i said im no expert on m43 caps and i wouldnt be able to tell you if its real or fake. just tryin to help : )

cheers,
    mo

it's a Fake Latvian cap...

Sebastien.

Fake?? How can you tell it is fake? It has definately been worn (or at least looks like it). Fake was the LAST opinion on my mind.. If it is truely fake, then I still know where the guy is that I bought it from and I will definately 'visit' him and make him 'pay' for selling me a fake cap!!

Sorry it is indeed a fake.

The insignia is bad for starters.

Moving onto the cap itself:

The ribbed looking weave wool is incorrect and is typically found on this range of fake caps. The correct type of wool will be a reworked shoddy.

The construction is wrong and it lacks the various reinforcements which should be found around the upper edge of the turn up and around the crown.

Get your money back if you possibly can.

Cheers, Ade.

Hello,
    Previous comments about the authenticity of this cap are right. It's a pure latvian fake. Insignia and wool tell the all story...sorry to say...I hope you can have your money back, but 10 years is a long time to start having doubts...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Well I guess I got screwed. I looked back in my records and I actually paid $235 for this piece of crap back in 2004 (so it's been 6 yrs). I do know where the guy lives and if he won't give my money back, I will get it back from him in "other" ways... Guess I have some good wool toilet paper now..

The eagle looks pretty good to me. The wear on the inside with the threading of the liner also looks original. I'm not an expert either but when I compared the eagle to my eagle it looks good as does the stitching.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M43 Field Cap---what branch? Info please...  

Your cap and eagle are original. But they are diffferent to the one shown. Look at the bottle green colour of the fake and the silver colour of the eagle and the weave.

Cheers, Ade.

It looks like the last hat posted is a dutch sidecap modified and reissued to german troops.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast