Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

In Memory of that Other Event that Occurred on July 20

Article about: It is being overshadowed by the 1969 Moon Landing, but today is the 75th anniversary of the July 20 1944 conspiracy. This photo is a commemoration of that day, and one of the hats has an act

Default In Memory of that Other Event that Occurred on July 20

It is being overshadowed by the 1969 Moon Landing, but today is the 75th anniversary of the July 20 1944 conspiracy.

This photo is a commemoration of that day, and one of the hats has an actual attachment to one of the conspirators.

The WH hat is Generalstab, in honor of v. Stauffenberg.

The Imperial hat is Kaiserreich Generalstab, and belonged to the father of Stauffenberg's adjutant, Werner v. Haeften.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture In Memory of that Other Event that Occurred on July 20  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement In Memory of that Other Event that Occurred on July 20
    P
    Many

This is the interior of the Imperial Genl Staff visor--"v. Haeften", and was worn by Werner & Hans' father, Hans-Gustav:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture In Memory of that Other Event that Occurred on July 20  
    Attached Images Attached Images In Memory of that Other Event that Occurred on July 20 

Well done!

Mart

Werner is the one who stood in front of v. Stauffenberg as he was about to be executed by firing squad (the scene was also depicted in the movie "Valkyrie"):

Hans v. Haeften, his brother:
    Attached Images Attached Images In Memory of that Other Event that Occurred on July 20 

& the memorial:

& my good friend, Jody B, reminded me of a TR connection to that "other" event that occurred on July 20th, just 25 years later:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture In Memory of that Other Event that Occurred on July 20   In Memory of that Other Event that Occurred on July 20  

In Memory of that Other Event that Occurred on July 20   In Memory of that Other Event that Occurred on July 20  

In Memory of that Other Event that Occurred on July 20  

?

Wonderful historical thread
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings