Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 105 of 117 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1167

Muetzenfabrik

Article about: F.B. Reichenbach is about 10 km (6 miles) away from me. If you want, I'll make a photo of the building. If it is still standing.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Muetzenfabrik
    P
    Many

Wolfgang, thanks for those links.

Interesting to note the Lubstein took out a 1/2 page ad:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Bravo. A Panoptikum in a vanished world. In 1922, there was little emphasis on military and or political uniforms, to be sure.....
    Thanks for sharing these things with us. Hurra.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Bravo. A Panoptikum in a vanished world. In 1922, there was little emphasis on military and or political uniforms, to be sure.....
    Thanks for sharing these things with us. Hurra.
    Thanks to you but it's not my merit, it's Steve's. He is as enthousiatically after German/Austrian hats as others are after German caps. I am very glad that there are people out there who appreciate old (European) handicraft, collect them and - most important - document the making and everything else around it. Without those people so much knowledge would be lost forever. I should try to document these things myself - there is still Slama and Demschner the cap maker - if only I had the time and the money. When they are gone, there are not many chances to question anybody about traditional cap making. Should anybody want to contact these two remnants of times bygone, just consult the Austrian telephone directory: https://www.herold.at/gelbe-seiten/w...ner-rudolf-kg/
    https://www.herold.at/gelbe-seiten/w...marie-sohn-og/

I don't know what happened to the Littomericky-family, they do no longer seem to be in Vienna, there is only an entry for Tyrol - perhaps they have moved. The daughter obviously didn't take the firm, she is a talking head/announcer and, apparently, Litto was taken over by Slama.
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 05-22-2017 at 07:29 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks to Steve. You know, when I look at my high school year book, i.e. from the year 1968, when I was a freshman, perhaps 2% of the firms that took out adverts
    in the back of the thing exist in 2017 and so forth. It is in the relentless and remorseless nature of our civilization since the onset of the Enlightenment and
    the arrival of the industrial revolution. This process has overturned the world of the guilds and the medieval structure of society and economy. The kings and princess
    were behead by the national razor, and everyone transformed into a consumer of mass produced things in order to neutralize class conflict,
    On balance, the process has made people more prosperous, but at a loss of certain intangibles that lend dignity to work and purpose to life.

I mean, a tweet is akin to mental flatulence.

Servus nach Salzburg.Muetzenfabrik

Box label for an Effekten distributor: Max Anneser of Freising:
    Attached Images Attached Images Muetzenfabrik 

Of course, Pekuro took out a full-page ad in the book:

?

Just found this:

Elstermode Unternehmensgeschichte - Elstermode

Three names and pictures of Mützenmacher/innen (same picture has already been published here by Erel in post # 870, now we have also the names of the ladies).

Just found even better ones here:

Aus Fotoalben der Familien Brand und Wersich

and this:

http://www.lunzenau.de/fileadmin/lun...blatt_2009.pdf

The article about the cap-factory in Lunzenau starts on page 2.
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 05-28-2017 at 04:39 PM.

?

And here something really interesting, the whole process is shown (at 1:41: Rand, Vorstoß, Biese - for? See at 2:25):

http://dl-ondemand.radiobremen.de/me...460334_512.mp4

And now guess what (see at 4:03):

Muetzenfabrik

An ErEl!! Now we know where ErEl produces today.

This woman is about to vierteln (quartering) the cap with her scissors.

Also have a look at the sewing foot at 3:00 - it is a special sewing foot for sewing the piping, which explains why the piping is so even.

3:50: Blocking and steaming of the Bergmütze - classic!

The more often I watch this video, the more parallels to my cap making (with all its problems/issues) I see.

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    And here something really interesting, the whole process is shown (at 1:41: Rand, Vorstoß, Biese - for? See at 2:25):

http://dl-ondemand.radiobremen.de/me...460334_512.mp4
    There you have it, Wolfgang. The whole thing we study and admire in one piece, as it were. Thanks for finding this for us.

There used to be hundreds of persons like this single man in Bremen, to be sure. We should ask him all our questions, that's for sure.

Does this man have a website?