Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 21 of 117 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 71 ... LastLast

Muetzenfabrik

Article about: F.B. Reichenbach is about 10 km (6 miles) away from me. If you want, I'll make a photo of the building. If it is still standing.

Default Re: Muetzenfabrik

or these....you decide...
    PS I actually subscribe to the Wall Street Journal, but I often do not know really why.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik  
    Attached Images Attached Images Muetzenfabrik  Muetzenfabrik  Muetzenfabrik  Muetzenfabrik 
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-03-2010 at 10:12 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Muetzenfabrik
    P
    Many

You can read him, too, actually.

I do.
    Attached Images Attached Images Muetzenfabrik 

The issue is to make sense of the interplay of these elements here by their own parameters and not those of today, or those of a small section in today's society.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik   Muetzenfabrik  

Muetzenfabrik  

These are sources, as it were, pieces of the past.

The issue is simple: what is their respective meaning and how can you generalize from them and to what purpose?

Is said purpose solely to determine if the cap or caps (there are two here) were made prior to 8 May 1945 or is it to generalize about the person, craft, society, state, and cosmos of the person who made it, wore it, saved it, or destroyed it, or, chose its shape, construction et cetera?

Or is the manipulation of some entirely random visual samples of the past, and mind you, a sample that is tiny of the whole, intended to establish a kind of digital dogmatism in the collector cosmos because of the cult of celebrity as applied to our internet lives, such as they are? There one finds many who are otherwise nearly as confused by all the pixel pictures of these things as those of the era were at the time whom we see in the documents trying to figure out how long to wear a given arm band or not, and being unable to replace said insignia because Heini H. did not want to shred his investment in now obsolete embroidery because the finances of the SS were strapped?

Many on these sites only care about the hierarchy of the present in the collector biotope on line and at the MAX and SOS shows and its thrills and spills, and do not give a fig about the latter aspect, i.e. the complexity and contradictions of the truth in the past because it is simply too hard to figure out and seems besides the point. It is also in black and white.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik   Muetzenfabrik  

Muetzenfabrik  

Now my tirade is at an end, and here are two nice caps. I never pried the insignia off of either of them, in fact.
    I scarcely touch them, actually. The one on the left is from Cologne (Isken) and the right is Munich (Mueller).
    The tag above is from a Mueller cap, too, in fact, not unlike this one here.

All of the above is comprised in this man's odd smile. The joke is plainly at our expense.

Mr. Chris, my tirade is not directed at you, by the way, but against the tendency towards obfuscation and obscurantism that operates elsewhere and, in the end, does great harm to a lot of innocent people who are being very deliberately misled for no good purpose. I have not had any time to look in UM for further Leckerbissen, I am sorry to say and shall presently have even less time. I am sorry for this, but I do hope that what I found in this thread stands and might move some of you to buy the same CD and learn even more. Our Polish chums who put the SS Befehlsblaetter on line for the year 1938 and part of 1939 have also served knowledge in an exemplary way. We thank Mr. Chris for his diligence in find much head wear ephemera of glorious variety and sharing it here, too. Each piece constitutes a very tiny bit of the former whole which we are trying to piece together somehow.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    These are sources, as it were, pieces of the past.

The issue is simple: what is their respective meaning and how can you generalize from them and to what purpose?

Is said purpose solely to determine if the cap or caps (there are two here) were made prior to 8 May 1945 or is it to generalize about the person, craft, society, state, and cosmos of the person who made it, wore it, saved it, or destroyed it, or, chose its shape, construction et cetera?

Or is the manipulation of some entirely random visual samples of the past, and mind you, a sample that is tiny of the whole, intended to establish a kind of digital dogmatism in the collector cosmos because of the cult of celebrity as applied to our internet lives, such as they are? There one finds many who are otherwise nearly as confused by all the pixel pictures of these things as those of the era were at the time whom we see in the documents trying to figure out how long to wear a given arm band or not, and being unable to replace said insignia because Heini H. did not want to shred his investment in now obsolete embroidery because the finances of the SS were strapped?

Many on these sites only care about the hierarchy of the present in the collector biotope on line and at the MAX and SOS shows and its thrills and spills, and do not give a fig about the latter aspect, i.e. the complexity and contradictions of the truth in the past because it is simply too hard to figure out and seems besides the point. It is also in black and white.
    F-B, I would hope that most reading this thread are just as fascinated with the art of haberdashery as determining whether a hat is real or not...I may be wrong.

Getting back to the lack of advertising, some retailers did, but only on their boxes:
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

We know that the Kleiderkasse used generic boxes for shipping, to wit:

Here is a small-time haberdasher that managed to survive the war, and continue to make civilian headgear to this day--most notably the Prinz Heinrich Muetze. It appears that little has changed in the way they make these hats over the years:

Page 21 of 117 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 71 ... LastLast