Page 22 of 104 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Muetzenfabrik

Article about: F.B. Reichenbach is about 10 km (6 miles) away from me. If you want, I'll make a photo of the building. If it is still standing.

Default Re: Muetzenfabrik

Here is a small-time haberdasher that managed to survive the war, and continue to make civilian headgear to this day--most notably the Prinz Heinrich Muetze. It appears that little has changed in the way they make these hats over the years:

Attached Images Attached Images  
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Here is another Rechnung from a Muetzenfabrik. Interesting how they put their Factory on the invoice, instead of one of their products:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b3957.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	96724  
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

?

I want to bump this amazing thread as it it being discussed in another section.

This reminds one just who was behind these caps, and puts it all in perspective.
    This hat is, imho, a pre-TR visor for a labor organisation (possibly Anhalt?) that ended up being used by the precurser to the RAD, the FAD (Freiwillige Arbeits Dienst).
    The maker was apparently of great renown, "Bamberger & Hertz", who were primarily tailors, but also made hats:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FADB.1.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	112945   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FADB.8.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	112946  

NEC SOLI CEDIT

As best as I can tell, Bamberger & Hertz had at least 2 retail stores--one in Stuttgart, the other in Leipzig. These are pre-TR posters for the store:
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Now the reality:
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Yes, the company was "non-aryan". One of the stores was destroyed on November 9th, 1938--the Night of the Broken Glass, ie, Kristallnacht.
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Just like Lubstein making caps for the Soviets after the war, capmakers did not discriminate before the war (or the advent of the Nazi seizure of power).

This is a cap from the Kampfzeit for the Rotfront, and was made by Frey of Munich, who also made caps during the war (and are still in business to this day).

(Credit: Sergeant 08):
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

?

Fine input from Stone, great stuff.

Thanks for Mr. Chris Stonemint for underscoring our earlier point as to the racial hatred and economic conflict aspect of the issue at hand. The Bamberger & Hertz data is especially welcome illustration of the pretty awful diatribes in Uniformen Markt that put me in the mind of Julius Streicher and his types.

Where did you find this material, by the way?

It is of fine quality.

Name:	1368.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	163.6 KB 
ID:	113143  
    damit, basta.