Page 25 of 103 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Muetzenfabrik

Article about: F.B. Reichenbach is about 10 km (6 miles) away from me. If you want, I'll make a photo of the building. If it is still standing.

Default Re: Muetzenfabrik

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I can say without doubt that is the most informative thread that there has ever been regarding this subject.

The difficulty is taking the information here and applying it to the rigmarole of actualy judging, authenticating and buying caps for one's own collection. It can be a bit overwhelming trying to grasp the whole huge picture and we've only just scratched the surface. Anyway, it wasn't my intention to sidetrack the thread into that terrority so thanks for your patience.
    Dear Ben, This thread has some merit, I hope. More so in certain regards than do the secondary works. Your questions are anything other than a "sidetrack." There is more rigmarole than there should be hereabouts because the number of persons with expertise is never great enough to tip the balance towards sustained knowledge. The other sites are suffocated in what is nothing more than a heap of half truths. The task of digesting the many bits in these threads and then forming a hard judgment on an authentic cap is surely a more vexing job than two decades ago. Thanks for your posts and I am grateful for your interventions. your cordial, FB

PS Adrian needs to ask Wim Saris to post here, in fact. He is a real pillar of the Uniformkunde structure.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-01-2010 at 12:39 AM.
    damit, basta.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Here are two UM articles from 1940 on the mechanization of uniform production at the beginning of the 20th century until 1940. Notice the reference to Frederick Winslow Taylor (siehe Bild!) and US prototypes of scientific management the volumes of which a Mainzer uniform maker had to translate himself. Globalization in the year 1892 until 1900.....

This sort of article is a gold mine and revealing in the extreme. My readers will forgive me that these illustrations contain no "sculls," "dead heads" or swastikas. Plus they are not in color..... PS Taylor is dressed other than in an SS uniform. He died in 1915.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snapshot 2010-07-31 15-44-16.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	216.9 KB 
ID:	125989   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snapshot 2010-07-31 15-46-00.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	219.9 KB 
ID:	125990  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	397px-F._Taylor_1856-1915.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	125991  
    damit, basta.

For those who read books still, this one is very interesting on many of the topics we have explored here. Mr. Chris needs to read this book in addition to the others I have mentioned. It is wonderfully written and full of nice pictures, some even of Germany.

I am still taken with the nice 1960s woman atop the Pratt and Whitney engine of the Boeing 707. A more innocent time than our own. She is not wearing an SS uniform, either.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    damit, basta.

Here is the cover of the present day Kleiderkasse of the Bw, but it is not really called that any longer. It is outsourced and sleek.

They sell extremely well made trousers...

Our likes cannot buy there, though.

There is a very small number of military specialized tailors in Germany today.
    I do not know about the Austrian or Swiss equivalent, though. I need to look or maybe you know....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snapshot 2010-07-31 16-07-11.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	125993  
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-01-2010 at 02:41 AM.
    damit, basta.

?

Personally, I kinda like the skirt.

Quote by mower View Post
    Personally, I kinda like the skirt.
    Bravo! I like who is wearing it, as well. The Bw has some very wholesome women.

Here are some Austrian soldier girls with a hopeful expression. Notice cap. They look wholesome because they get very good Austrian food and are working near the vineyard.

Name:	n_024_899x720_1280618061.jpg 
Views:	513 
Size:	215.0 KB 
ID:	126014  
    damit, basta.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Thank you, I was worried that the CD was not complete hence the price. Some other "vendors" are charging 290 euros for the same!

Just to prove that the crafts are still alive and well, this is a fabulous company not far from where I work. I have visited them on many occasions and it's always a joy.

Military badges-RAF[Airforce], Army, Navy badges from Hand & Lock.

Thanks for the wonderful link. It is marvelous. So much nicer than an Apple Ipad or such other junk of the present era.
    damit, basta.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The Bw has some very wholesome women.

Here are some Austrian soldier girls with a hopeful expression. Notice cap. They look wholesome because they get very good Austrian food and are working near the vineyard.
    I find it very impressive how deeply you gentlemen enjoy the study of headgear, and to the depths and limits of which you extend your interests with such passion . . . very nice, and a very good study you have provided here. Thank you, and please continue. I am somewhat jealous that I do not carry the same level of passion to such a degree, but am thoroughly enjoying the fruits of your effort . . .

And in the spirit of comment from a similar angle, I must say that I find Austria is gorgeous all the way around . . . and I am very excited about an up-and-coming return visit. I am looking forward to experiencing more of this wholesome quisine - but more importantly . . . to some of the pleasures provided by a few of the many such vineyards for which these ladies toil so closely to . . .

Name:	day3_8.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	126032  

Thank you, sir, and we wish you a happy journey along the Danube. Thank you for reading here and for your interventions for which we all profit greatly. schoene Reise und Servus, FB

Here are soldier girls Hoch zu Ross in Lower Austria. Unlike the Bw, the Austrians kept field grey (kinda) as their uniform color in the Bundesheer.

Name:	17_frauen_im_vormarsch_2003_bereichsmeisterschaft.jpg 
Views:	2718 
Size:	178.4 KB 
ID:	126033  
    damit, basta.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    PS Adrian needs to ask Wim Saris to post here, in fact. He is a real pillar of the Uniformkunde structure.
    I would very much welcome his contribution here. Sadly I do not know him, other than through his writings. If anyone does know him well, please extend him an invite. I will drop him a line however.

Cheers, Ade.