MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 26 of 117 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 76 ... LastLast

Muetzenfabrik

Article about: F.B. Reichenbach is about 10 km (6 miles) away from me. If you want, I'll make a photo of the building. If it is still standing.

Default Re: Muetzenfabrik

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi FB, I extended him an invitation earlier today. Fingers crossed.

Cheers, Ade.
    Dear Sir, thanks. Forgive me for my pedantry, but I cannot jump over my shadow. Warm regards to you and thanks for this fine site. We have started to trump the Lord of the Flies site in traffic, which suggests that good order and discipline serve knowledge more than digital age narcissism and pixilated barrage vomiting.

as ever, Servus, FB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Muetzenfabrik
    P
    Many

?

I re-read part of the Wilkins book today where he describes Lubstein's special relationship with the Heeres Kleiderkasse. His interpretation was that Lubstein managed to secure an exclusive contract to supply his caps in their outlet stores and that led to his extramutzen being marked Offizier Kleiderkasse. Or more accurately, eReL Sonderklasse Offizier Kleiderkasse. He also remarks upon an Offizier Kleiderkasse catalogue. I was researching today and can find no reference to such a thing, only the Heeres Kleiderkasse publications.

Any thoughts on this?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I re-read part of the Wilkins book today where he describes Lubstein's special relationship with the Heeres Kleiderkasse. His interpretation was that Lubstein managed to secure an exclusive contract to supply his caps in their outlet stores and that led to his extramutzen being marked Offizier Kleiderkasse. Or more accurately, eReL Sonderklasse Offizier Kleiderkasse. He also remarks upon an Offizier Kleiderkasse catalogue. I was researching today and can find no reference to such a thing, only the Heeres Kleiderkasse publications.

Any thoughts on this?
    Offizierskleiderkasse (des deutschen Heeres) and Heereskleiderkasse are one and the same, I think. The catalog exists as a reprint. The establishment was in the Budapesterstrasse in Berlin. Someone surely has the reprint, I am sure. The catalogs did not mention the names of vendors as near as I can tell or maybe there is mention of "Sonderklasse." But the Verhaufsabteilung der Luftwaffe apparently contracted with several Berlin cap makers from what I have seen.

I have downloaded the actual pages of said catalog whence Wilkins makes his analysis, but I cannot easily find it. Maybe one of you has it at hand.

The UM talks all about all of this in detail, actually, or the value of contract wares versus the Extramuetze....

The files from the association of cap makers would reveal all of this, in fact. Where are they? Did they survive?

An addendum on the other theme that my files barfed up.... The man here Lorne in VA SS is the sleeper or 3d man in much of what we seek. Someone should find his papers and the whole world would change forever.....

Might I also observe that persons got a clothing allowance via the Kleiderkasse and my friends who are presently in the Bw Kleiderkasse are obliged to buy a certain amount each year as a condition of membership. My copy of the Westarpscher and Fricks handbooks are brittle, so I cannot check this fact for former times, but I know it has operated in the Bw for the past thirty plus years of my experience. Thus, your Luftwaffe general was likely paid through the Verkaufsabteilung and thus was enjoined to use it to take advantage of its credit cooperative service. Most of these men had been in the Reichswehr prior to 1933, and such officers had rather low pay along with high prestige. The Nazis increased their pay vastly, to include cash kick backs directly from Shickelgruber of a pretty sleazy kind. You also saw a Reichswehr Kleiderkasse des Heeres cap on the California site....
    Attached Images Attached Images Muetzenfabrik 
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-01-2010 at 09:41 PM.

This cap here which was recently sold....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik  

?

Womans born to build the childs, I did not accept them as a victims of the war. The past Second war, show us that they don't fit for this job
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Excellent contributions to the thread of late, thanks to all.

Most do not know (or do not believe) that the Sattelform did exist prior to 1933. Although not as severe in cut as those of the period 1939-1945, this is definately not a Tellerform:
    Attached Images Attached Images Muetzenfabrik 
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Womans born to build the childs, I did not accept them as a victims of the war. The past Second war, show us that they don't fit for this job
    This is a subject (women at arms) that likely belongs elsewhere. I include these attractive women, Dimas, because I am tired of the same pictures of "dead heads" and "sculls" along with illiterate posts in their thousands. We need some variety here as well as creative spurts to keep our spirits up. If I have offended anyone with my divergence from the same old dreary themes, then I do humbly apologize.

Here is a "culture clash" of sorts--the Wehrmacht in full parade dress in front of Bamberger & Hertz:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Excellent contributions to the thread of late, thanks to all.

Most do not know (or do not believe) that the Sattelform did exist prior to 1933. Although not as severe in cut as those of the period 1939-1945, this is definately not a Tellerform:
    A wonderful picture of a man who got nearly no pay and was likely quite thrifty to boot. The Sattelform cap was favored in the mounted regiments of the old armies (i.e. saddle), a custom totally contrary to regulations and a phenomenon upon which the authors in UM wrote endless articles of great interest. Outlandishly tall head wear has been a feature of military fashion for a long time.

?

I read an excellent articule today which delves into the whole German ethos of craftsmanship and tradition values which were in direct conflict with supplying the war machine, the place of the woman in the skilled workforce, the issues involved with unexpected orders of such things as camo jackets and the inability of the established clothing manufacturers to cope, hence the apparent need for the SS industry to get involved and meet demand, obviously by forced labour means in the camps but also by accuiring the latest technology in sewing machines and the like.

FB, you mentioned the main men involved in the technical and administerial side of the SS industry already. Their names frequently pop up and are highly praised for their industriousness.

Can I upload a pdf? I will try, it's a facinating read.

Page 26 of 117 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 76 ... LastLast