Page 27 of 107 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Muetzenfabrik

Article about: F.B. Reichenbach is about 10 km (6 miles) away from me. If you want, I'll make a photo of the building. If it is still standing.

Default Re: Muetzenfabrik

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Excellent contributions to the thread of late, thanks to all.

Most do not know (or do not believe) that the Sattelform did exist prior to 1933. Although not as severe in cut as those of the period 1939-1945, this is definately not a Tellerform:
    A wonderful picture of a man who got nearly no pay and was likely quite thrifty to boot. The Sattelform cap was favored in the mounted regiments of the old armies (i.e. saddle), a custom totally contrary to regulations and a phenomenon upon which the authors in UM wrote endless articles of great interest. Outlandishly tall head wear has been a feature of military fashion for a long time.

damit, basta.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

I read an excellent articule today which delves into the whole German ethos of craftsmanship and tradition values which were in direct conflict with supplying the war machine, the place of the woman in the skilled workforce, the issues involved with unexpected orders of such things as camo jackets and the inability of the established clothing manufacturers to cope, hence the apparent need for the SS industry to get involved and meet demand, obviously by forced labour means in the camps but also by accuiring the latest technology in sewing machines and the like.

FB, you mentioned the main men involved in the technical and administerial side of the SS industry already. Their names frequently pop up and are highly praised for their industriousness.

Can I upload a pdf? I will try, it's a facinating read.

Read this.....but it is a book. I learned a great deal from it. There is an older work from thr 1960s on the same subject in English, maybe it is in Google books.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    damit, basta.

?

Alas, my German is none existent but thanks.

Plus, I might have a slender chance if it were not for the Fraktur typeface of original publications!

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Alas, my German is none existent but thanks.

Plus, I might have a slender chance if it were not for the Fraktur typeface of original publications!
    You will have to look around on your own with the English language works. I spend more time in Germany with this stuff, and am lopsided because of it...

Fraktur is not especially difficult.
    damit, basta.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Fraktur is not especially difficult.
    Diolch yn fawr FB, rwy'n gobeithio fod ti'n deall?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Diolch yn fawr FB, rwy'n gobeithio fod ti'n deall?
    Is this Welsh or Gaelic or something?

Or pig latin, maybe. No?

In any case, the key to Fraktur are the different kinds of S's as well as the k's and maybe the p's, too. Otherwise it is fairly straight forward. I shall teach you.

You should still learn German.

My erudition is quite limited, as I keep writing here.

Servus, FB

PS Is it not quite late there?
    damit, basta.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Is this Welsh
    I'm impressed! Yes, just trying to prove a point that even in the British Isles, there are other languages alive and well.

Tis quite late here now, no work for me lately though, surgery went wrong and I'm on sick leave.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I'm impressed! Yes, just trying to prove a point that even in the British Isles, there are other languages alive and well.

Tis quite late here now, no work for me lately though, surgery went wrong and I'm on sick leave.
    A colleague of mine taught in Wales after he graduated from Cambridge. I am sorry if you are on sick leave. I wish you a swift and happy recovery as well as less forehead pressure to boot! Celts of various kinds (Scots, generally, but also Irish) have figured in my life for a number of decades. The variety of Europe is its strength and language is a wonderful thing, indeed. This globalized English of software and business Quatsch is fairly repugnant, in fact.
    Servus, FB
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-02-2010 at 12:09 AM.
    damit, basta.

?

Diolch (thank you) FB, Nos da (goodnight)