Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 27 of 117 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 77 ... LastLast

Muetzenfabrik

Article about: F.B. Reichenbach is about 10 km (6 miles) away from me. If you want, I'll make a photo of the building. If it is still standing.

Default Re: Muetzenfabrik

Read this.....but it is a book. I learned a great deal from it. There is an older work from thr 1960s on the same subject in English, maybe it is in Google books.
    Attached Images Attached Images Muetzenfabrik 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Muetzenfabrik
    P
    Many

?

Alas, my German is none existent but thanks.

Plus, I might have a slender chance if it were not for the Fraktur typeface of original publications!

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Alas, my German is none existent but thanks.

Plus, I might have a slender chance if it were not for the Fraktur typeface of original publications!
    You will have to look around on your own with the English language works. I spend more time in Germany with this stuff, and am lopsided because of it...

Fraktur is not especially difficult.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Fraktur is not especially difficult.
    Diolch yn fawr FB, rwy'n gobeithio fod ti'n deall?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Diolch yn fawr FB, rwy'n gobeithio fod ti'n deall?
    Is this Welsh or Gaelic or something?

Or pig latin, maybe. No?

In any case, the key to Fraktur are the different kinds of S's as well as the k's and maybe the p's, too. Otherwise it is fairly straight forward. I shall teach you.

You should still learn German.

My erudition is quite limited, as I keep writing here.

Servus, FB

PS Is it not quite late there?

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Is this Welsh
    I'm impressed! Yes, just trying to prove a point that even in the British Isles, there are other languages alive and well.

Tis quite late here now, no work for me lately though, surgery went wrong and I'm on sick leave.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I'm impressed! Yes, just trying to prove a point that even in the British Isles, there are other languages alive and well.

Tis quite late here now, no work for me lately though, surgery went wrong and I'm on sick leave.
    A colleague of mine taught in Wales after he graduated from Cambridge. I am sorry if you are on sick leave. I wish you a swift and happy recovery as well as less forehead pressure to boot! Celts of various kinds (Scots, generally, but also Irish) have figured in my life for a number of decades. The variety of Europe is its strength and language is a wonderful thing, indeed. This globalized English of software and business Quatsch is fairly repugnant, in fact.
    Servus, FB
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-02-2010 at 12:09 AM.

?

Diolch (thank you) FB, Nos da (goodnight)

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Diolch (thank you) FB, Nos da (goodnight)
    Good night and much good health and fortune to you.

I corresponded with d'alquen about this picture, and he is of the belief that it is of the equivalent of the Heeres Kleiderkasse, the Verkaufs Abteilung der Luftwaffe (VAdLW).
    I tend to agree, versus it being an effekten store.

This could be the only known pic of the VAdLW on either the Voss Strasse (up to 1938) or the Puttkamer Str. (after 1938).

The fact that the store displays only Luftwaffe items, and officer ones at that, along with the portrait of Goering hung prominently lead one to that conclusion.

IMHO, it is not really a store as such, but a showroom, where the officers can pick out the quality they want. I would assume the different visors are either by different makers (Erel, Wagner, Halfar, etc) or are there to try on for size. The trunks appear to be similar to the ones offered in the Heeres KK catalog.

Also note the token dagger with what appears to be a cape eagle in the case next to it.

I would assume the officer would examine the goods, then put an requisition order in for what he liked.

Unfortunately, I do not have a copy of the VAdLW catalog--does anyone have one to post?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muetzenfabrik  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 27 of 117 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 77 ... LastLast