Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 30 of 117 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 80 ... LastLast

Muetzenfabrik

Article about: F.B. Reichenbach is about 10 km (6 miles) away from me. If you want, I'll make a photo of the building. If it is still standing.

?

Default Re: Muetzenfabrik

FB, Stonemint and anyone else who may be interested, I remember seeing a few catalogue items on TR hatmakers at the museum nr Wissant, the owner has a section that he has displayed as a shop and the layout is fantastic, items there that ive never seen and among them, were i think 2 catalogues on caps ,one was on display opened and the other laying flat, if memory serves correct , one had something like reichzeugministerie printed in large letters but i cannot recall what else was written, i do know that the owners son told me that his father had found most of the items in the basement of the original shop that still exists but has obviously catered for different tastes nowdays, this was found some 30-40yrs ago, the owner attends WAR AND PEACE every year and sell some wonderful items, someone here must know who i am talking about

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Muetzenfabrik
    P
    Many

Quote by davejb View Post
    FB, Stonemint and anyone else who may be interested, I remember seeing a few catalogue items on TR hatmakers at the museum nr Wissant, the owner has a section that he has displayed as a shop and the layout is fantastic, items there that ive never seen and among them, were i think 2 catalogues on caps ,one was on display opened and the other laying flat, if memory serves correct , one had something like reichzeugministerie printed in large letters but i cannot recall what else was written, i do know that the owners son told me that his father had found most of the items in the basement of the original shop that still exists but has obviously catered for different tastes nowdays, this was found some 30-40yrs ago, the owner attends WAR AND PEACE every year and sell some wonderful items, someone here must know who i am talking about
    That would be one of my Holy Grails of headgear collecting--I know they had to exist, just like the dagger companies.
    One will pop-up, we just have to keep looking!
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

A post-war display for a small post-war maker:
    Attached Images Attached Images Muetzenfabrik 
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Great picture, Stone. Thanks.

Quote by stonemint View Post
    A post-war display for a small post-war maker:
    Quite a contrast to the images from a decade earlier. Thanks for the interesting image.

The bill includes 1 army officers cap for infantry, and 4 ea. white Luftwaffe caps with an extra white top, which is a kick.
    Thanks for showing us your treasure. This locale was not far from where the Lubstein people ended up once they could take advantage of Aryanized real estate, it was in the textile quarter near Alexanderplatz, in the eastern ish part of Berlin.MuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrik

PS I go through this neighborhood a lot. I did not see any peaked caps around.

The corner of Alexanderstrasse and Voltairestrasse today is a vacant lot.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-29-2010 at 06:09 AM.

Advertising for textiles is well included in the UM as well as the Handbuch d RZM. The latter has a large advert section with textiles of all types and in great detail.

Furthermore, the RZM Handbuch listings in A2 for cap makers on the handicrafts, artisan basis eclipse by many, many times the number of cap factories on an industrial basis, that is A1. The cap makers under A2 eclipse by many times the reference in Wilkins book. That is, the names of these firms, small as they were, are mostly unknown and unexplored especially on the know it all, lord of the flies website.Muetzenfabrik
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-29-2010 at 06:04 PM.

The Schellenberg Rechnung also makes mention at the bottom of the Association of German cap makers, which I have described elsewhere in this thread as the cartel structure that organized the cap trade within the Nazi economic system. This theme is treated at length in UM. The author of the noted secondary source, much quoted on other sites, makes incomplete reference to same, without any deep understanding of its essence.MuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrikMuetzenfabrik

Thanks to Ben for his RZM license.

?

I love that RZM license. It speaks volumes, more than a combat helmet ever could.

The RZM system and the 1934 law cited on the hat tags is an early form of branding and protecting intellectual property.

It was an evolution of the idea of trademarking. Of course today we live in a world surrounded by brands.

But it is clear how conscious the NSDAP was of image, in the '30ies no less, that they would protect their "brand" so jealously -- Ultimately licensing their brand like the NFL does today.

I wonder how much revenue the RZM system generated for the party? Between the Winterhilfe campaigns, the exortations to buy newspapers and dues stamps in NSDAP mitgliedbuchs, it seems the party was seared by poverty of its salad days.

Page 30 of 117 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 80 ... LastLast