Page 35 of 105 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Muetzenfabrik

Article about: F.B. Reichenbach is about 10 km (6 miles) away from me. If you want, I'll make a photo of the building. If it is still standing.

?

Default Re: Muetzenfabrik

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Textiles were rationed with the beginning of the war.Attachment 167265
    This process resulted in U Bezugscheine, i.e. Uniform ration coupons or chits.
    For those of you with no family member living from the era 1939-45, then the idea of rationing must seem quite odd. As as child, I grew up with these stories only to have my own gasoline rationed in 1973.

It is coming again, mind you, too, so enjoy while you can.
    Sir, If you have any more images of SS deinsthemds with the removable collar, I would be grateful. I find the concept of the removable collar itself interesting -- Enabling cleaning of the visible soiling without adding wear to rest of the garment. Such a non-disposable mentality.

Here is a Uniformen Bezugscheine for three kragenbinden. A document that represents a perfect storm of tailoring and four year plans.

Imagine the ledger entries, chits, logbooks and reports associated a simple infantry officer with a nice pair of breeches.

Name:  UniScheinCollar.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  60.1 KB

And as discusses earlier in this threads, these price controls, the fixing of sales prices and the costs of materials, forced the hatmakers of the reich to cut corners in quality.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

I own several brown shirts with detachable collars, but no images. Shirts of such a type were the norm, in fact. One finds both types.

There is a contemporary image in the Kleiderkasse SS catalog.

Kragenbinden are the cotton liners for the field blouse or the tunic.
    They are not detachable collars for shirts.
    damit, basta.

?

Here is the maker of boxes for caps in Saxony, i.e. cartonage, which is an amusing word.Attachment 167266

Don't let your collection suffer by having only a square or a round cartonage, but secure both!
    Not exactly in the Saatchi & Saatchi league of advertising is it!

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Not exactly in the Saatchi & Saatchi league of advertising is it!
    It has an honesty to it that is fetching. I own a very nice book on principles of Nazi advertising, plus a super rare book on how to make posters published by the Nazis, too. The de Grazia book I posted elsewhere goes into this theme in detail. I am sure there are other books on similar themes, especially in German. Simply, these regalia firms could afford no advertising in the US Doyle, Dane & Bernbach model of Mad Men fame, and such advertising was seen as American, Jewish, un German, and destructive. You have only to compare illustrated dailies and weeklies of the German variety to their US counterpart to see this difference in the era, which I am sure few have done. The quality of graphics in the German case, especially in industrial design and poster art, for instance, was superior, but poster art for firms was a much more elite, refined and exclusive entity than big corporate US advertising as it emerged by the 1940s. When you look in such Wehrmacht illustrated weeklies as Signal or the navy journals of the era, the advertising for regalia is pretty, pretty modest.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-07-2011 at 10:44 PM.
    damit, basta.

Speaking of advertising ephemera of the Drittes Reich, this is about it for a way of getting ones name out to the unwashed masses--a simple adverising mirror:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	qq.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	236.8 KB 
ID:	169758  
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Speaking of advertising ephemera of the Drittes Reich, this is about it for a way of getting ones name out to the unwashed masses--a simple adverising mirror:
    And from my hometown, too! (Although, of course, the Blume tailor shop is no more to be found...)

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    And from my hometown, too! (Although, of course, the Blume tailor shop is no more to be found...)
    Very nice piece and probably about as much advertising as was possible for such a business.
    damit, basta.

Very nice piece and probably about as much advertising as was possible for such a business.
    Probably, indeed. While this is off-topic, allow me to remark that I found it interesting to see my hometown popping up twice in the forum within just a few days (see post # 12 ff. in this thread: http://warrelics.eu/forum/history-re...mmler-26591-2/ ).
    Oh, and I finally got around to buying and reading Rohrkamp's "Weltanschaulich gefestigte Kämpfer". Many thanks for pointing out and recommending this title over in the SS sub-forum!

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Probably, indeed. While this is off-topic, allow me to remark that I found it interesting to see my hometown popping up twice in the forum within just a few days (see post # 12 ff. in this thread: http://warrelics.eu/forum/history-re...mmler-26591-2/ ).
    Oh, and I finally got around to buying and reading Rohrkamp's "Weltanschaulich gefestigte Kämpfer". Many thanks for pointing out and recommending this title over in the SS sub-forum!
    Thanks for yours. For the handful of solid citizens here, nothing is off topic. I love Germany and am at pains to make the place have three dimensions which is seldom or never the case on the other website. The Rohrkampf book is a tour de force. I spend a lot of time in book stores in Germany and Austria and my colleagues there point on the new literature to me, which I cannot otherwise navigate on the internet. I am too old.

schoene Gruesse nach Bayern! FB
    damit, basta.

This was posted on another forum, but is relevant to this thread. While not the best Muetzenmacher, he was hands-down the best tailor of the Third Reich--Wilhelm Holters (I presume this is from UM):
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WilhelmHolters1938.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	143.4 KB 
ID:	172685  
    NEC SOLI CEDIT